BDE\SQL Server7

Do you wish to use trusted security ("Windows NT authentication") or SQL
Server authentication?

BTW, going through BDE and ODBC is one layer too many IMOHO. Why don't you
use SQL links with the native BDE driver for MSSQL (no ODBC required)? Or
better still, use ADO. <g>

--

Alain Quesnel
cinqsanss...@compuserve.com

"JLB" <jlb62307@.att.net> wrote in message

> I am not sure if this is the correct newsgroup for this.  I am using SQL
> Server 7 and trying to setup an alias with the Alias manager in Database
> Desktop.  Whenever I try to connect I get the following error:

> Login Failed for User Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server
> connection.

> I can connect using ADO and ODBC, but my client is requiring the use of
> BDE and aliases.

> Thanks

Re:BDE\SQL Server7

SQL Server 7 allows two authentication methods:

  NT Authentication
  SQL Server Authentication

In the former, your Windows NT login is used to authenticate you. In the
latter you must supply a database user and password to gain access.

The authentication methods available are determined by server settings.
It sounds to me like your SQL Server is set up to only allow NT
authentication and that you are not logged into the NT server.

Kevin

JLB wrote:

> I am not sure if this is the correct newsgroup for this.  I am using SQL
> Server 7 and trying to setup an alias with the Alias manager in Database
> Desktop.  Whenever I try to connect I get the following error:

> Login Failed for User Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server
> connection.

> I can connect using ADO and ODBC, but my client is requiring the use of
> BDE and aliases.

> Thanks

Other Threads