Displaying DBase-DB with Delphi 3 Client/Server

Hi,

i want to display a DBase-Database with Delphi 3 Client/Server and Borland
Database Engine 4.5.

The problem is, that the DBase-File is on a network-server and is used by a
Clipper-program (version 5.2d), which fills the database with different
sort of data.
The database in this clipper-program is opened with the command:

DBUSEAREA(.T.,,"DATEN.DBF","DATEN",.T.)

This is a shared-access.

The Delphi-program runs on a client and should get always the actual data
from the DBase-database.
I have opened the Database with a TTable-component and I can display the
data.
But if the clipper-program fills new data in the DBase-File, the
Delphi-program didn't recognizes it !

How can I display always the actual data ?

If someone has any ideas, please give me an answer.

Thanks,

Mark Schoch.

Re:Displaying DBase-DB with Delphi 3 Client/Server

after doing myTable.Refresh the Delphi app should see the new data.
Mark Schoch wrote in message <01be4a16$14a95450$b986b7c2@andy-pc>...
>Hi,

>i want to display a DBase-Database with Delphi 3 Client/Server and Borland
>Database Engine 4.5.

>The problem is, that the DBase-File is on a network-server and is used by a
>Clipper-program (version 5.2d), which fills the database with different
>sort of data.
>The database in this clipper-program is opened with the command:

>DBUSEAREA(.T.,,"DATEN.DBF","DATEN",.T.)

>This is a shared-access.

>The Delphi-program runs on a client and should get always the actual data
>from the DBase-database.
>I have opened the Database with a TTable-component and I can display the
>data.
>But if the clipper-program fills new data in the DBase-File, the
>Delphi-program didn't recognizes it !

>How can I display always the actual data ?

>If someone has any ideas, please give me an answer.

>Thanks,

>Mark Schoch.

Other Threads