Error Message while creating index on paradox table

Hi all,

i use Delphi 4 and I try to create a secondary index during runtime and i
always got an error message like "Invalid index/tag name". A primary index
is defined and it works.

I use the function AddIndex without indexoptions.
Example: Table.AddIndex('Sort', 'Name', [])

If i use this functions with indexoptions, it works fine. Whats wrong. Did I
made a mistake?
Example: Table.AddIndex('Sort', 'Name', [ixDescending])

Thanks in advance
Jrgen

Re:Error Message while creating index on paradox table

hello,
i had this problem also
you can't send an empty set to options,
you must select at least one option from TIndexOption

like
Table.AddIndex('Sort','Name',[ixCaseInsensitive]);

J. Liebetrau wrote in message <84pubi$b...@bornews.borland.com>...

>I use the function AddIndex without indexoptions.
>Example: Table.AddIndex('Sort', 'Name', [])

Re:Error Message while creating index on paradox table

With Paradox tables when you create a single field case sensitive secondary
index the name of the indes _must_ match the name of the field _exactly_.
This requirement only applies to Paradox tables.

--
Bill

Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:Error Message while creating index on paradox table

That is not correct. See my reply to the original message.

--
Bill

Bill Todd (TeamB)