2 apps running simultaneously

I have an app using Delphi3.02,BDE4.51, Paradox tables, uses BDE Alias
for the database.  Our client wants to run the same app twice.  Each one
pointing to a different set of data(different Alias). Does anyone have
any suggestions on how I would approach this? App1 (ALIAS1), App2
(ALIAS2). Are there any problems when both run at the same time?
Thanks for any information.
John M. Freisen

Re:2 apps running simultaneously

>> Does anyone have any suggestions on how I would approach this? App1 (ALIAS1), App2
>>(ALIAS2).

You can set the directory at runtime via:

var
 List: TStringList;
begin
 List := TStringList.Create;
 with List do
 begin
   Clear;
   Add('PATH=C:\somepath');
 end;
 Session.ModifyAlias('YOURALIASNAME', List);
 List.Free;

>>Are there any problems when both run at the same time?

Each instance of the application will need to point to a private directory that is used
exclusively by that instance.

You can the PrivDir path at runtime:

Session.PrivateDir := 'C:\somepath';

=Bill=

Re:2 apps running simultaneously

>I have an app using Delphi3.02,BDE4.51, Paradox tables, uses BDE Alias
>for the database.  Our client wants to run the same app twice.  Each one
>pointing to a different set of data(different Alias). Does anyone have
>any suggestions on how I would approach this? App1 (ALIAS1), App2
>(ALIAS2). Are there any problems when both run at the same time?

use a Tdatabase component to connect all of the datasets to instead of an Alias.
At runtime you can set the Alais property of the Tdatabase to the Alias you want
it to run with.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com