Accessing Paradox Tables in a read-only directory

On Fri, 08 Mar 1996 14:39:27 -0800, Paul Silver <psil...@air-ca.org> wrote:
>Has anyone figured out how to access Paradox tables in a Network
>read-only directory or a CD-ROM when the user cannot create the .lck
>files, using the BDE?

Use of a Paradox table that resides on a network drive requires the
creation of network files (.NET and .LCK). If the network location does not
allow the user rights for creating these files, you would need to redirect
them to some location that does allow for this. One way to do this would be
by setting the NetFileDir and PrivateDir properties of the TSession
component to such a location.

Steve Koterski                  "Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of
Product Group Manager           results. I know several thousand things
Delphi Technical Support        that won't work."
Borland International, Inc.                    -- Thomas Edison, 1847-1931