Using Delphi Client/Server with PO7 Win95

Does anybody know how to use Delphi Client/Server with
a Personal Oracle 7 for Windows 95 database ?
My development platform is a PC with Windows 95, no network.
I am supposed to convert some softwares I've written in C
into Delphi applications, using SQL Link for Oracle.
I have a version of Oracle that doesn't contain the file
ORANT71.DLL that Delphi is asking for ...
Does anybody use a similar configuration ?
Some help would be very appreciated.

Thanks.
--

o?o?,,?o?oo?  Jean-Michel CAMBOT   ?oo?o?,,?o?o
o?o?,,?o?oo?  balic...@cge-ol.XXX.fr   ?oo?o?,,?o?o

... Please remove XXX from the address to answer ...

Site BALICIEL French : http://www.cge-ol.fr/baliciel  ;o)
Site BALICIEL English : http://www.cge-ol.fr/baliciel/welcome1.htm  ;o)

Re:Using Delphi Client/Server with PO7 Win95

Go to the BDE Configuration program. For the Oracle driver, set VENDOR
INIT to "ORA72.DLL".  For any aliases you create, leave NET PROTOCOL
blank and set SERVER NAME to "2:".  That should do it.

-Bryan

Jean-Michel CAMBOT wrote:

> Does anybody know how to use Delphi Client/Server with
> a Personal Oracle 7 for Windows 95 database ?
> My development platform is a PC with Windows 95, no network.
> I am supposed to convert some softwares I've written in C
> into Delphi applications, using SQL Link for Oracle.
> I have a version of Oracle that doesn't contain the file
> ORANT71.DLL that Delphi is asking for ...
> Does anybody use a similar configuration ?
> Some help would be very appreciated.

> Thanks.

Re:Using Delphi Client/Server with PO7 Win95

It looks like a monolog ...
Thank you to Andrew Hollands.
It works fine also with Server name = 2:
and Protocole = TNS.

> I found an issue.
> To use Delphi Client/Server 2.0 with a Personal Oracle 7
> for Windows 95 (no network), you must :

> - Change the VENDOR INIT information (BDE Configuration)
> by indicating ORA72.DLL (depending on your Oracle Version)
> - Put the C:\ORACLE\BIN folder in the path in Autoexec.bat
> (adapt your local Oracle folder) so that Delphi finds ORA72.DLL
> - Declare in the ALIAS the server : LOCAL (and not ORA_SERVER)

Re:Using Delphi Client/Server with PO7 Win95

I found an issue.
To use Delphi Client/Server 2.0 with a Personal Oracle 7
for Windows 95 (no network), you must :

- Change the VENDOR INIT information (BDE Configuration)
by indicating ORA72.DLL (depending on your Oracle Version)
- Put the C:\ORACLE\BIN folder in the path in Autoexec.bat
(adapt your local Oracle folder) so that Delphi finds ORA72.DLL
- Declare in the ALIAS the server : LOCAL (and not ORA_SERVER)

I don't say thankyou to Borland, because there is no explanation
anywhere in the documentation on how to work with a Personal
Oracle 7 for Windows 95.

Jean-Michel CAMBOT <balic...@cge-ol.ENLEVER CECI POUR REPONDRE.fr> a crit
dans l'article <01bc04b2$244199a0$62bc3...@baliciel.cge-ol.fr>...

> Does anybody know how to use Delphi Client/Server with
> a Personal Oracle 7 for Windows 95 database ?
> My development platform is a PC with Windows 95, no network.
> I am supposed to convert some softwares I've written in C
> into Delphi applications, using SQL Link for Oracle.
> I have a version of Oracle that doesn't contain the file
> ORANT71.DLL that Delphi is asking for ...
> Does anybody use a similar configuration ?
> Some help would be very appreciated.

> Thanks.

Other Threads