Corrupted Local Interbase File

I have a local Interbase Database file.  I get an _lread error when I try to
connect to the database.

When I looked at the file, I can see my data.  I tried to write a program to
read my data back out, but only the first (about 20K was correct).

Is there a utility either to fix the database or recover my data from the
database?  Or where can I find the file layout to write a program to pull my
data out.

I am mostly worried about some blob images that are stored as blobs.

Tim

Re:Corrupted Local Interbase File

In article <323DE282.5...@eds.com> Tim Underwood <fol2m2.tunde...@eds.com> writes:
>From: Tim Underwood <fol2m2.tunde...@eds.com>
>Subject: Corrupted Local Interbase File
>Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 16:28:02 -0700
>I have a local Interbase Database file.  I get an _lread error when I try to
>connect to the database.
>When I looked at the file, I can see my data.  I tried to write a program to
>read my data back out, but only the first (about 20K was correct).
>Is there a utility either to fix the database or recover my data from the
>database?  Or where can I find the file layout to write a program to pull my
>data out.
>I am mostly worried about some blob images that are stored as blobs.
>Tim

Have you tried the IB server manager that comes with client server - this has
a valifdate Menu otpion - have tried it but it may help

HTH

Boris Ingram, Cyborg Software
boris...@iafrica.com
100076.3...@compuserve.com
http://www.pcb.co.za/users/borising/cyborg.htm

Re:Corrupted Local Interbase File

> Have you tried the IB server manager that comes with client server - this has
> a valifdate Menu otpion - have tried it but it may help

> HTH

> Boris Ingram, Cyborg Software

Yes, I have tried that.  Unfortunately, that must connect to the database before it
can do anything and I am having trouble in the connection piece.

Is there anyplace that I can get the layout for the file?

In article <3246D5CD.4...@eds.com> Tim Underwood <fol2m2.tunde...@eds.com> writes:
>From: Tim Underwood <fol2m2.tunde...@eds.com>
>Subject: Re: Corrupted Local Interbase File
>Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 11:24:13 -0700
>> Have you tried the IB server manager that comes with client server - this has
>> a valifdate Menu otpion - have tried it but it may help

>> HTH

>> Boris Ingram, Cyborg Software
>Yes, I have tried that.  Unfortunately, that must connect to the database before it
>can do anything and I am having trouble in the connection piece.
>Is there anyplace that I can get the layout for the file?

Sorry , not that I know of - try Borland

Boris Ingram, Cyborg Software
boris...@iafrica.com
100076.3...@compuserve.com
http://www.pcb.co.za/users/borising/cyborg.htm