Com method returning a BSTR

Has anyone had the problem where a method that was suppose to return a BSTR
returned a empty string or where the method was suppose to return another
OLE Automation object but returned unassigned instead?

I am having this problem with an OLE Auto object that I made and then
testing it in a test app.

Re:Com method returning a BSTR

Would be great if you'd post
1. The definition of the method in the type library
2. A code snippet illustrating how you call it

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool

"TWilliam.Create" <borlandn...@eggcentric.com> wrote in message

> Has anyone had the problem where a method that was suppose to return a BSTR
> returned a empty string or where the method was suppose to return another
> OLE Automation object but returned unassigned instead?

> I am having this problem with an OLE Auto object that I made and then
> testing it in a test app.

Other Threads