Interbase 6.0 key size too big for index RDB$PRIMARY

I'm using Interbase 6.0 to do the statements

Create Table AccessPriv(
ID Char(255) not null,
descrip char(255) not null,
primary key (id,descrip)
);
Every time i try to execute the above script i get this error "key size too
big for index RDS$Primary". I'm with the field width why am i getting this
error.  is there a way around this. i try finding the index RDS$PRIMARY and
increasing the size.

Please Help

James

Re:Interbase 6.0 key size too big for index RDB$PRIMARY

See "Maximum Index Key Size" in Appendix B of the Operation Guide.

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:Interbase 6.0 key size too big for index RDB$PRIMARY

My Opetraion Guide does not have an appendix B.... (*?*)

Then read http://www.mers.com/IBINDEXLENGHT.HTML

"Ernesto" <ernestoman...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>My Opetraion Guide does not have an appendix B.... (*?*)

>"Bill Todd" <n...@no.com> escribi en el mensaje
>> See "Maximum Index Key Size" in Appendix B of the Operation Guide.

>> --
>> Bill (TeamB)
>> (TeamB cannot respond to questions received via email)

Other Threads