InstallShield Express and BDE 4.51

Can someone clarify exactly what is and is not picked up by
InstallShield for the BDE 4.51?  Can the swdepend.ini file used by
InstallShield (the one in the IS directories, not the one in \Windows
used by VB) be modified to make it pick up the additional drivers?  If
so, what needs to be added?

Thanks,
Ray Porter
Applications Analyst Programmer
Administrative Information Services, UNC-CH
Phone: 966-5878
email: l...@email.adp.unc.edu
         dra...@email.unc.edu
Home Page: http://www.adp.unc.edu/~allrp/

"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Re:InstallShield Express and BDE 4.51

>Can someone clarify exactly what is and is not picked up by
>InstallShield for the BDE 4.51?

Idda3532.dll is the one dll that is missing.  In addition you need to
replace the Idapi32.cnf file it uses with one you create with the BDE
ADMIN

> Can the swdepend.ini file used by
>InstallShield (the one in the IS directories, not the one in \Windows
>used by VB) be modified to make it pick up the additional drivers?

Probably but I have where it should be changed.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:InstallShield Express and BDE 4.51

Can someone explain the Idapi32.cnf conversion we're supposed to do???

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998 10:40:47 -0500, John Crouch <jcro...@expocard.com>
wrote:

>Can someone explain the Idapi32.cnf conversion we're supposed to do???

It seems that the new BDE 4.51 has functionality that the old BDE didn't
which is stored in IDAPI.CFG (IDAPI.CNF). To get this functionality you
need to update IDAPI.CNF in the OBJS directory of your IS Express.

However InstallShield is addressing this issue in the spate of newest
incompatibility and problematic issues.

Happy coding

Stefan Paetow
ellipse data systems
-
= Spam-garbled address: ellipse-data.co.za@stefan - swap domain and uname
= Any opinions here are my personal opinions, not those of my company
= Home on the web: http://www.ellipse-data.com/
= Delphi User Groups in South Africa: http://www.delphi.co.za/dugg/

Re:InstallShield Express and BDE 4.51

>Can someone explain the Idapi32.cnf conversion we're supposed to do???

It is just a regular BDE config file with a different extention.
What ever is in it become the defaults for the merged config file BDE
install  creates
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:InstallShield Express and BDE 4.51

How do I get this to be installed correctly with my BDE installation?
The idapi32.cnf file in the residt directory of InstallShield Express is
6K.  The idapi32.cfg on a clean system I installed and updated to 4.51
is 81 bytes.

Can someone please just give us a simple set of instructions to make the
InstallShield Express product work with the new version of the BDE?  I
sent a message to InstallShield and they didn't know what I was talking
about.

On Thu, 15 Jan 1998 14:35:44 -0500, John Crouch <jcro...@expocard.com>
wrote:

>Can someone please just give us a simple set of instructions to make the
>InstallShield Express product work with the new version of the BDE?  I
>sent a message to InstallShield and they didn't know what I was talking
>about.

InstallShield is working on this. I am to visit InstallShield soon anyway,
so we will have an answer.

Happy coding

Stefan Paetow
ellipse data systems
-
= Spam-garbled address: ellipse-data.co.za@stefan - swap domain and uname
= Any opinions here are my personal opinions, not those of my company
= Home on the web: http://www.ellipse-data.com/
= Delphi User Groups in South Africa: http://www.delphi.co.za/dugg/

Other Threads