Need help with tutorials and sample source

Hi,

     I am trying to learn Delphi 2.0 from the book Teach yourself Delphi
2.0 in twenty one days, and it looks like it will be 21 years for me. I
am stuck on MyIntegerDemo. I loaded up the source code that I downloaded
from the books publisher, and when I run it all I get is a blank form,
no integers or anything. All there is for it is the form, unit1 and
MyIntegerDemo.pas. Am I doing something wrong? And if so, what?

Thanks,

Debbie

Re:Need help with tutorials and sample source

There should be a 'MyIntegerDemo.dpr' file as well - that is the Project
file which says what pascal files are to be loaded and in which order
and actually runs the application. Check if there is one, use the 'Open
Project' command from the File menu and then the Run (F9).... Good luck,
it gets easier!!
Debbie Hansen wrote:

> Hi,

>      I am trying to learn Delphi 2.0 from the book Teach yourself Delphi
> 2.0 in twenty one days, and it looks like it will be 21 years for me. I
> am stuck on MyIntegerDemo. I loaded up the source code that I downloaded
> from the books publisher, and when I run it all I get is a blank form,
> no integers or anything. All there is for it is the form, unit1 and
> MyIntegerDemo.pas. Am I doing something wrong? And if so, what?

> Thanks,

> Debbie

Re:Need help with tutorials and sample source

Good Luck
I have been studing pascal for 2 years and am still on Day10

Gary Ingle

Debbie Hansen wrote in message <368C67F1.DB253...@nemontel.net>...
>Hi,

>     I am trying to learn Delphi 2.0 from the book Teach yourself Delphi
>2.0 in twenty one days, and it looks like it will be 21 years for me. I
>am stuck on MyIntegerDemo. I loaded up the source code that I downloaded
>from the books publisher, and when I run it all I get is a blank form,
>no integers or anything. All there is for it is the form, unit1 and
>MyIntegerDemo.pas. Am I doing something wrong? And if so, what?

>Thanks,

>Debbie

Re:Need help with tutorials and sample source

Barry,

     Thanks for the message, unfortunately there is no dpr file. Is
there any way of creating one for that and all the other demo's that
don't have one, there are quite a few that are missing.

Thanks,

Debbie

Re:Need help with tutorials and sample source

Hi

I am also a beginner.
I do Know that ther MUST be a dpr file.
Try searching you HDD for all dpr files. Maby it is in another folder
somewhere.

Gary

Debbie Hansen wrote in message <368D1A73.35313...@nemontel.net>...
>Barry,

>     Thanks for the message, unfortunately there is no dpr file. Is
>there any way of creating one for that and all the other demo's that
>don't have one, there are quite a few that are missing.

>Thanks,

>Debbie

Other Threads