Re: Actually I am a little bit disappointed...

2004-09-30 02:20:38 AM
delphi92
"Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Dennis Landi writes:

>Who is resposible for Rudy? Is it John Kaster?

No, John Frazier. Usual email pattern, in case you'd like to complain.

Who is John Frazier? What is his title at Borland?
-d

Re: Actually I am a little bit disappointed...

Marcus F. writes:
If you are saying what I think you are, then that is a complete myth. It's
the relative performance of contemporary applications that matter, not the
absolute performance at any given time.
I agree. However, I have not seen a single desktop app that is written in
.NET or Java that outshines its Win32 counterpart in terms of
performance. In terms of features, perhaps (for example in the JBuilder
vs Delphi Win32 case although that is almost an apples-to-oranges
comparison), but in terms of performance and memory use no. I use the
JBuilder and Delphi example because this is well known by all in these
forums. There are also other examples.
Web apps are a different story: for example, ASP.NET has stellar
performance when compared to ASP. I am not sure how it stacks up against
native ISAPI apps performance-wise, although I believe the ISAPI
management hassles that are avoided are a big plus in this case and
outweigh that.
On top of that, if you are riding
the performance wave, you can pack in more features for a competitive edge.
I'm not sure what you're getting at here.
The bottomline is, if .Net continues to be a lower performer than native for
the consumer, it will not gain widescale acceptance on the desktop,
It hasn't yet.
for any
vendor programming in native API will have a competitive advantage and drive
their .Net counterparts out of the market, regardless of whether the
hardware speed norm is 2GHz or 2THz. The only way .Net will become the
future on the desktop is if becomes the native API and current W32/64
applicatins receive a performance penalty.
Yip. That probably would do it.
Cheers,
Kevin.

Will DeWitt Jr. writes:
>So who will use your 64-bit compiled programs?

People with newer AMD64 processors, of course.
Will... I think you've just fallen into a trap. ;-)
Cheers,
Kevin.

Re: Actually I am a little bit disappointed...

"Jason Southwell" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>a écrit dans le message de news:
415ada38$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
So we both agree that Joanna was smokin a little somethin when she
wrote that post.
I was being conservative and choosing a conservative number that made easy
maths.
I others can talk out of the back of their head about Borland's delise, then
I don't see why I can not talk about its excellent future.
Joanna
Consultant Software Engineer
TeamBUG support for UK-BUG
TeamMM support for ModelMaker

Re: Actually I am a little bit disappointed...

"Dennis Landi" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>a écrit dans le message de news:
415ae4c7$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
Time to call her on her behaviour, since after all, we are all {*word*62}s
here....
Dennis, if I am asked not to disclose sources, then I will not break trust.
If you refuse to believe me then why don't you investigate and ask M$
yourself; I certainly have better things to do than to justify myself to
folks with your attitudes.

Dennis Landi writes:
Who is John Frazier? What is his title at Borland?
He is, among other things, the TeamB coordinator.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]
"I wouldn't mind dying - it is the business of having to stay dead that

Ingvar Nilsen writes:
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] writes:
>Sorry, but you could at least use the correct term: TApologist. <g>

It is IApologist now, to be sure you get released as soon as you are
out of scope <g>
LOL! But not in a .NET. <g>
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]
"Java, the best argument for Smalltalk since C++." -- unknown

Joanna Carter (TeamB) writes:
If you refuse to believe me then why don't you investigate and ask M$
yourself; I certainly have better things to do than to justify myself
to folks with your attitudes.
Oh dear, be sure The Fraz will be told about your attitude. <g>
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."

Re: Actually I am a little bit disappointed...

Dennis Landi writes:
Perhaps you are just <snip>
I cancelled your message. There is no need for insults like this.
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]
"Nothing is wrong with California that a rise in the ocean level

Dennis Landi writes:

>Who is John Frazier? What is his title at Borland?

He is, among other things, the TeamB coordinator.

Does the TeamB coordinator have the authority to kick you off of TeamB?
What department does the TeamB coordinator work in? Developer Relations?
-d

Dennis Landi writes:

>Perhaps you are just <snip>

I cancelled your message. There is no need for insults like this.
--
And yet you allow Joanna's name calling.

Dennis Landi writes:
Does the TeamB coordinator have the authority to kick you off of
TeamB?
You can ask him, if you like. <g>
--
Rudy Velthuis [TeamB]
Mother-in-law = A woman who destroys her son-in-law's peace of mind by

Dennis Landi in <415ae4c7$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:

"Ian Kirk" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

>Dennis, how about stepping back and trying to see just how childish all
>this "going to call her", "time to up the ante" and "gonna tell MS
Bloggers
>on you" stuff really is.

Childish?
Extremely!

Dennis Landi writes:

>Does the TeamB coordinator have the authority to kick you off of
>TeamB?

You can ask him, if you like. <g>
Oh I think an open letter to Borland Management on your's and other specific
TeamB members might be more appropriate.
I really don't see how Borland can condone your's and other's behaviour as
TeamB members.
The top brass needs to hear about you.
I think this is the litmus test: If Google, itself, makes you look bad,
then maybe you really are doing something wrong.
Anyway, I think a letter is worth the effort.
-d

Rudy Velthuis [TeamB] in <xn0dnupzx151gkv024rudys-toshiba@www.teamb.com>writes:
Dennis Landi writes:

>Does the TeamB coordinator have the authority to kick you off of
>TeamB?

You can ask him, if you like. <g>

Can he ban Dennis from this newsgroup?