ADO equivalents (IBX)

2003-08-27 09:15:47 PM
delphi240
Hello,
I am using intervase from many years and now, i should do a project using
SQLServeur.
I have tried to connect to SQL server using ADO and it works perfectly.
However, I don't see what is the equivalent of the TIBUpdateSQL using ADO.
So if it don't exists, how can i have query using plenty of tables witch a
can modify ?
exemple:
select p.idone, p.name, p.id2, table2.mycoloumn
from t_table1 p
left outer join t_table2 on p.id2=table2.idx
when I link this query with a grid en i try to insert (myquery.insert),
the TADOQuery tries to generate two insert through the serveur on the 2
tables (t-table1 & t_table2)

Re:ADO equivalents (IBX)

Hello,
I am using intervase from many years and now, i should do a project using
SQLServeur.
I have tried to connect to SQL server using ADO and it works perfectly.
However, I don't see what is the equivalent of the TIBUpdateSQL using ADO.
So if it don't exists, how can i have query using plenty of tables witch a
can modify ?
exemple:
select p.idone, p.name, p.id2, table2.mycoloumn
from t_table1 p
left outer join t_table2 on p.id2=table2.idx
when I link this query with a grid en i try to insert (myquery.insert),
the TADOQuery tries to generate two insert through the serveur on the 2
tables (t-table1 & t_table2)

Re:ADO equivalents (IBX)

Try using:
YourdataSet.RecordSet.Properties['Unique Table'].Value :=
TheNameOfTheTableToUpdate
On the BeforePost Event
--
Guillermo Castaņo A.