Saddest Newsgroup Ever...

2006-05-06 09:03:07 AM
delphi11
This is scary! I have never seen a smaller newsgroup.
I'm currently helping some friends with a project.
It's on an iSeries. I know Delphi pretty well.
Am I leading them astray to suggest Delphi?
Thanks, Craig.

Re:Saddest Newsgroup Ever...

Hello.
Well, I have a few apps written using delphi that primarily query
against an iSeries using either ODBC via BDE or ADO using iSeries OLEDB
driver.
There was a set of components Client Access Objects. I have used them
with Delphi 5 mainly provide user auth for my app. I am currently
running OSV5R1 and apps still work fine. I have the original zip
somewhere and could email it to you or post it in the binary attachment
group if you like.
- Lou
Craig Leidy writes:
This is scary! I have never seen a smaller newsgroup.

I'm currently helping some friends with a project.
It's on an iSeries. I know Delphi pretty well.
Am I leading them astray to suggest Delphi?

Thanks, Craig.

Re:Saddest Newsgroup Ever...

Lou:
Well, I have a few apps written using delphi that primarily query against
an iSeries using either ODBC via BDE or ADO using iSeries OLEDB driver.

There was a set of components Client Access Objects. I have used them
with Delphi 5 mainly provide user auth for my app. I am currently running
OSV5R1 and apps still work fine. I have the original zip somewhere and
could email it to you or post it in the binary attachment group if you
like.
I appreciate the offer.
It doesn't look like a direction I can offer to the company.
When I saw the AS400 newsgroup, my hopes soared.
Is this the only newsgroup for Delphi under AS400?
Thanks, Craig.

Re:Saddest Newsgroup Ever...

Craig,
I don't know of any other Delphi-AS400 group.
If there are any questions regarding the database driver dbexpca400
that you might not be aware of (source of the driver is in your Delphi
Demos directory Demos\DelphiWin32\dbExpress, latest compiled version on
my website www.sawatzki.de), please post in this group or the
dbexpress groups.
Peter
Lou:

--

Re:Saddest Newsgroup Ever...

I have also done the conversions on the Type Libraries for the Emulator if you want to play with screen s{*word*99}ing, etc.
I used them to create a small utility to properly shutdown sessions and prevent users from just using the X to quit.
Let me know if you need the files. They seem pretty stable and the conversion was simpler than expected (just fixing up some of the interface declarations).
David