Re: using SMTP client

2005-04-08 09:55:02 PM
delphi273
"Holger Flick" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

I try to send a mail using the TIdSMTPClient. it is the .NET version that
came with D2005. It works fine for small mails (just like for the
POP3Client), but with mails with bigger attachements (but still much
smaller than 2 MB) it fails. I get the exception message that the remote
server cancelled the transmission after some time.
It may or may not be your problem, but some servers have a size limit on
emails and will drop the connection once they hit that limit.
Is something wrong in my code?
No (but maybe wrap the Send in a try...except).
Ciaran