Looking for a good chart component for delphi 7

2005-11-05 07:28:08 AM
delphi121
Hi There,
This is in continuation to my previous post. I am looking for a suitable
chart component for Delphi 7. I have already looked at TDBChart from
Steema.com,
ProEssentials5 from www.gigasoft.com and ChartFX from www.softwarefx.com.
Can anyone please suggest what is the best chart component available in the
market from the list above or any other component of your choice?
Many thanks in advance for your help.
Cheers
Yaju Jhala

Re:Looking for a good chart component for delphi 7

www.lohninger.com/index.html
Ole
"yaju" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>skrev i melding
Hi There,

This is in continuation to my previous post. I am looking for a suitable
chart component for Delphi 7. I have already looked at TDBChart from
Steema.com,

ProEssentials5 from www.gigasoft.com and ChartFX from www.softwarefx.com.
Can anyone please suggest what is the best chart component available in
the
market from the list above or any other component of your choice?

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Cheers

Yaju Jhala

Re:Looking for a good chart component for delphi 7

You'd best define what you are needing, but I have not found better than
TeeChart myself. I wish it had a few more features, like the image
smoothing in the final display, and "dynamic" drawing like some of the
flash stuff, but it really is good.
/Matthew Jones/

Matthew Jones napsal(a):
You'd best define what you are needing, but I have not found better than
TeeChart myself.
Agreed. A wide variety of chart styles is available and it also can be
quite easily tweaked to gain maximum performance in real-time charting
applications.
I wish it had a few more features, like the image
smoothing in the final display,
Although it is not possible to smooth the drawing in the control
itself, the last version (v7) supports creation of antialiased chart
bitmaps which are perfectly acceptable for presentation purposes.
and "dynamic" drawing like some of the
flash stuff,
Could you please explain?
--
Ivo Bauer
Software Developer

Re:Looking for a good chart component for delphi 7

Although it is not possible to smooth the drawing in the control
itself, the last version (v7) supports creation of antialiased chart
bitmaps which are perfectly acceptable for presentation purposes.
Yes, but it seemed odd to me that the function for smoothing was available
for the preview, but not the charts themselves. As you say you can get
them nice with a little manual intervention.
>and "dynamic" drawing like some of the
>flash stuff,
Could you please explain?
What I mean is the sort of things that the "macromedia flash" based
animations do, where you specify what the chart should look like, and then
it "animates" it into position. So for example, you'd set the chart to
have bars of 10, 20, 30 high, and then it would, over the course of a few
seconds, start them at 0, then 1, 2, 3, then 2, 4, 6, then 3, 5, 10, until
it reached the final position. Except I think the norm is to have them all
rise at the same rate isn't it, so you don't know which is going to be the
highest? An ideal option there! Some charts have the bars/segments etc all
fly in from out of the chart, but that is perhaps overkill.
Now, given that TeeTree has animation, this is probably not too hard to
do. Indeed, I will probably be working on that myself sometime. I just
wish I could click an option and it would happen for me. 8-)
/Matthew Jones/

Re:Looking for a good chart component for delphi 7

Thanks Matthews and others for your response.
We are looking for something very basis but stable from a reliable source.
We need to plot some basic Pi charts and various types of Bar 2D and 3D Bar
Graphs for our Oracle database data using TOracleDataset. We also want the
ability to zoom-in/zoom-out, export the data and Chart to jpeg/gif formats,
copy to clipboard and print facility. I hope these details are enough.
Thanks in advance,
Yaju
"Matthew Jones" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

"Matthew Jones" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in
message news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
>You'd best define what you are needing, but I have not found better
>than TeeChart myself. I wish it had a few more features, like the
>image smoothing in the final display, and "dynamic" drawing like
>some of the flash stuff, but it really is good.
>
>/Matthew Jones/
Take a look on TChart that comes with Delphi it has everything
you mentioned.
Regards
Yannis.