ib license

2007-12-05 03:13:56 AM
delphi248
hi,
i want to purchase ib 20 user licence. i want to know if:
1. this licence includes already contains the server licence or
if i have to purchase server lincence plus 20 user lic.
2. If the db app. that will be run or use interbase will wait or
get client apps. connections from local network, internet and
wan, which ib instance must have run all of those
clients(desktop, client or what lic.)?, i mean, if i purchase 20
usr. desktop lic. it will works fine, or is better 20 usr.
client lic., or 10 desketop and 10 multiuser licence?
3. if there are one main server, and two additonal servers each
running on different branches, which kind of licence do i have
to purchase?. Do i have to have 3 server licences? or one
is enough?
4. if db app. grows or my client add more computer on their
company, there's possible to upgrade current licence to 50 or
unlimitated ib licence?, i mean, instead or purchase one licence
or 4 licences one by one(which will be more expensive)), to make
a 50 or unlimitated licence upgrade once for all.
5. Will be an important ib upgrade or new ib version on 2008?

Re:ib license

jorge novoa writes:
hi,
i want to purchase ib 20 user licence. i want to know if:
1. this licence includes already contains the server licence or
if i have to purchase server lincence plus 20 user lic.
The 20 user license does not include the server. You need to purchase a
server license in addition to the 20 user license.

2. If the db app. that will be run or use interbase will wait or
get client apps. connections from local network, internet and
wan, which ib instance must have run all of those
clients(desktop, client or what lic.)?, i mean, if i purchase 20
usr. desktop lic. it will works fine, or is better 20 usr.
client lic., or 10 desketop and 10 multiuser licence?
InterBase Desktop allows for connections on same machine as the server
is running only. If need another else, you need a server license. Based
on your description here, I am pretty sure you need a server license and
not the desktop.

3. if there are one main server, and two additonal servers each
running on different branches, which kind of licence do i have
to purchase?. Do i have to have 3 server licences? or one
is enough?
You need 3 seperate server licenses. We are investigating backup/standby
server licenses and may have a different offering in this space in the
future.

4. if db app. grows or my client add more computer on their
company, there's possible to upgrade current licence to 50 or
unlimitated ib licence?, i mean, instead or purchase one licence
or 4 licences one by one(which will be more expensive)), to make
a 50 or unlimitated licence upgrade once for all.
Licenses are additive. You can always get more.

5. Will be an important ib upgrade or new ib version on 2008?
Sorry, I don't have a time machine to figure this out. Do you? I will
comment we have not made any comments on what future versions of
InterBase might have or when they might be delivered at this time.

Re:ib license

"Quinn Wildman (CodeGear Developer Support)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:

>3. if there are one main server, and two additonal servers each
>running on different branches, which kind of licence do i have
>to purchase?. Do i have to have 3 server licences? or one
>is enough?

You need 3 seperate server licenses. We are investigating backup/standby
server licenses and may have a different offering in this space in the
future.
future.. how many time?
>4. if db app. grows or my client add more computer on their
>company, there's possible to upgrade current licence to 50 or
>unlimitated ib licence?, i mean, instead or purchase one licence
>or 4 licences one by one(which will be more expensive)), to make
>a 50 or unlimitated licence upgrade once for all.

Licenses are additive. You can always get more.
ok. but suppose i have 20 user lic., and i want to upgrade to
unlimitated user lic, what will be the difference do i will
have to pay to get unlimitated lic.?, i mean, if i paid 20 dls
for 20 users lic, and unlimitated users costs 40 dls, do i will
have to pay the remaning 20 dls.?
>5. Will be an important ib upgrade or new ib version on 2008?

Sorry, I don't have a time machine to figure this out. Do you? I will
comment we have not made any comments on what future versions of
InterBase might have or when they might be delivered at this time.
Does you can not to share those information yet, or you really havn't?
Best regards

Re:ib license

jorge novoa writes:
future.. how many time?
Sorry, I don't have a time machine.

ok. but suppose i have 20 user lic., and i want to upgrade to
unlimitated user lic, what will be the difference do i will
have to pay to get unlimitated lic.?, i mean, if i paid 20 dls
for 20 users lic, and unlimitated users costs 40 dls, do i will
have to pay the remaning 20 dls.?

There is no special price to go to unlimited other than upgrade pricing.

Does you can not to share those information yet, or you really havn't?
It means if I told you anything I could be fired or go to jail.