Print Usage Monitor Daemon

2007-01-05 08:14:48 PM
delphi53
Hi everyone. I have written a daemon to log print jobs in the background.
The app runs fine but now I have to store the list of all monitored
printers in a database because not all the printers under watch are
connected to the local pc. The logic is pretty simple; at start up the
daemon fetches the printer names from the DB and then makes creates
monitors for each of the printers. The problem is, the service does not
run!. I have tried the same approach (fetching printer names from the DB)
using a standalone application and it works fine. However when I probe
the PC using the EnumPrinters API call, the service will run fine.
Does anyone have an idea as to what the problem might be?
Thanks in advance,
Emmanuel