Data Transformation Service (DTS) ???

2004-06-24 03:40:30 AM
delphi133
I'm writing an app that need to execute a previously created Data
Transformation Service (DTS) packages. How can i do it??? any idea??

Re:Data Transformation Service (DTS) ???

DTSRun Utility (DTSRun.EXE).
Regards,
--
Anderson Haertel Rodrigues
DBA
I'm writing an app that need to execute a previously created Data
Transformation Service (DTS) packages. How can i do it??? any idea??

Re:Data Transformation Service (DTS) ???

1/ Call DTSRun.exe via a CreateProcess call.
2/ Use the DTS Object model and call Package.Execute
In both of these cases the package will execute on the client where your app
resides.
3/ Use xp_cmdshell to call DTSRun on the server.
4/ Use sp_Oa to call the packahe object model on the server.
5/ Create an agent job that runs the DTS package and then call either
sp_startjob through T-SQL or use DMO to start the job.
In these 3 cases the package will execute on the server where the code is
being called.
www.sqldts.com is a good place to see info on DTS.
-Euan
"Osvaldo" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes