Re: showmessage

2003-08-11 10:30:41 PM
delphi213
gara writes:
Hi all
I'm writing one service application. In that I want to show message
about that application before actually I logon. Can I do that. I'm
using showmessage and this is showing message after I logon. ( Some
times Norton antivirus shows messages before logon.I want to do
something like that.)
I think the MessageBox() API call would work

Re: showmessage

Hi,
I tried with mesage box also. But no diffrence. Its showing message
after I login. I am using logonUser to login. but it has no effect at
all. The service will wait till i login pressing ctrl+alt+delete. Is
there anything which I have to add with these api's to work?
In messageBox Ive given 0 as handle. is that the mistake? if yes what
should I give?
Thank you.
gana

Re: showmessage

gara writes:
I tried with mesage box also. But no diffrence. Its showing message
after I login. I am using logonUser to login. but it has no effect at
all. The service will wait till i login pressing ctrl+alt+delete. Is
there anything which I have to add with these api's to work?
In messageBox Ive given 0 as handle. is that the mistake? if yes what
should I give?
Hmmm.
The handle is probably OK - have you tried adding
MB_SERVICE_NOTIFICATION to the MessageBox() flags?

Re: showmessage

Jeremy Collins writes:

The handle is probably OK - have you tried adding
MB_SERVICE_NOTIFICATION to the MessageBox() flags?
Maybe MB_SYSTEMMODAL too...?