Cannot connect MySQL

2005-03-10 08:10:50 AM
delphi178
I tried to connect to MySQL 4 by setting up a connection of the
TSLConnection component, however, it made me mad.
I got connected using DOS prompt to connect the database by typing:
mysql -h blah -u blah -pblah
use blahdatabase
There was no problem at all.
Now I tried to setup in dbExpress Connection Editor, use the same values for
hostname, database, username, password. However, when I test the connection
by pressing the 'tick' button, it failed:
Parameter Not Set SQL Server Errors: ss denied user: blah blah
blah....(Using password: YES)
I think I came across before but cannot remember how did I fix that.

Re:Cannot connect MySQL

couple of things you can try
1. check what version of dbexpmysql.dll you are using. There are several
versions floating around and you need the right one for your version of
mysql.
2. check you user in MySQL Administrator, and ensure he is allowed access
from your hostname. Users can be allowed access from different hosts. I
think dbexpress passes the computers name as the host eg therefore he needs
access for that computer name. the username is passed in the form
myusername@hostname
hth
cam
"Alan" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes