Weird situation with FastMM 4.56

2005-12-30 03:28:54 PM
delphi132
Hello,
FastMM says my application leaks hundreds of TCollectionItem based objects.
Ok I overrided constructor and destructor and placed brakepoints in them.
Program never stopped in either of them.
How program can leak Objects if they never are created? I am really baffled
by this.
-Tommi Prami-

Re:Weird situation with FastMM 4.56

Did you remember to check the debug dcu setting.
It's not possible to set breakpoints inside Borland's source before this is
done.
Don't create a constructor override, as it will not catch more than those
creating your new class. Set a breakpoint inside create on TCollectionItem
main class.

Re:Weird situation with FastMM 4.56

It is not in Borland unit, it is just inherited fron TCollectionItem
-Tommi Prami-
"Atle Smelvær" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Did you remember to check the debug dcu setting.

It's not possible to set breakpoints inside Borland's source before this
is done.

Don't create a constructor override, as it will not catch more than those
creating your new class. Set a breakpoint inside create on TCollectionItem
main class.

Re:Weird situation with FastMM 4.56

"Atle Smelvær" wrote
>Did you remember to check the debug dcu setting.
>It's not possible to set breakpoints inside Borland's
>source before this is done. ... Set a breakpoint
>inside create on TCollectionItem main class.
"Tommi Prami" wrote
It is not in Borland unit, it is just inherited from
TCollectionItem
That is *why* Atle advised you to put the breakpoint in
the constructor of TCollectionItem. The constructor of
all objects that descend from TCollectionItem should
call the constructor of TCollectionItem and you can
see what is being what is being created there.
--JohnH