Linux 'explodes' in 2006.

2004-04-14 11:22:07 AM
delphi50
Hi all.
Sorry, it is in danish:
<www.berlingske.dk/it/artikel:aid=428106/>
I think the article is interesting for Borland, and maybe Anders O could
translate.
--
Best regards
Stig Johansen

Re:Linux 'explodes' in 2006.

It's probably not too different from its preqels, Linux 'explodes' in
2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005.

Stig Johansen <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
Sorry, it is in danish:
<www.berlingske.dk/it/artikel:aid=428106/>
..and is off-topic here. Please post to a linux related group, eg
borland.public.kylix.non-technical
I think the article is interesting for Borland, and maybe Anders O
could translate.
There's a translator at:
www.tranexp.com/Translate/result.shtml
That can do Danish-English, but it seems a bit "dodgy".
--
Dave Nottage (TeamB)

Re:Linux 'explodes' in 2006.

Craig van Nieuwkerk writes:
It's probably not too different from its preqels, Linux 'explodes' in
2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005.
No, i don't think so. This article is from the biggest - and - most serious
newspaper in DK.
Of course, the year 2006 is a guess, but it is based on objective *facts*,
and not a *wild* guess.
--
Best regards
Stig Johansen

Re:Linux 'explodes' in 2006.

Dave Nottage (TeamB) writes:
..and is off-topic here. Please post to a linux related group, eg
I knew I'd get such one, but did you notice the 'interesting for
*Borland*' part?
--
Best regards
Stig Johansen

Re:Linux 'explodes' in 2006.

Stig Johansen writes:
the year 2006 is a guess,
interesting
and not a wild guess.
even more interesting...

Re:Linux 'explodes' in 2006.

Stig Johansen writes:
Dave Nottage (TeamB) writes:

>..and is off-topic here. Please post to a linux related group, eg
I knew I'd get such one, but did you notice the 'interesting for
*Borland*' part?
might be interesting in the Kylix/JBuilder or C BuilderX newsgroups.

Re:Linux 'explodes' in 2006.

"Stig Johansen" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
This article is from the biggest
Not by a long shot
- and - most serious newspaper in DK.
Arguable - it certainly is not the most IT-savvy Danish newspaper.
Of course, the year 2006 is a guess, but it is based on objective *facts*,
and not a *wild* guess.
I would hesitate to label any kind of statement about the future of Linux as
"objective facts" - let along anything coming from Richard Seibt - current
Novell employee and former SuSE CEO (according to the article).
- Per

Re:Linux 'explodes' in 2006.

I knew I'd get such one, but did you notice the 'interesting for
*Borland*' part?
Borland own the Kylix groups too :-)

Re:Linux 'explodes' in 2006.

"Stig Johansen" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>skrev i en meddelelse
Craig van Nieuwkerk writes:
>It's probably not too different from its preqels, Linux 'explodes' in
>2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005.

No, i don't think so. This article is from the biggest - and - most
serious
newspaper in DK.
Not correct.
Even if it was, the article would not be more correct because of that.
And then there is the fact that the article is based on something that
Novell's european manager Richard Seibt says, which makes it rather biased.
--
Finn Tolderlund

Re:Linux 'explodes' in 2006.

No, i don't think so. This article is from the biggest - and - most
serious
newspaper in DK.
AFAIK Jyllandsposten is somewhat bigger than Berlingske.. :-)
best regards
Thomas Schulz

Re:Linux 'explodes' in 2006.

"Stig Johansen" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

I think the article is interesting for Borland, and maybe Anders O could
translate.
Isn't he Swedish? (does he know Danish?)
--
Clay Shannon,
author of the novel "the Wacky Misadventures of Warble McGorkle"

Re:Linux 'explodes' in 2006.

I think it is safe to say that this is a possibility, but whether it will
come to fruition is probably no more or less likely than previous years.

Re:Linux 'explodes' in 2006.

"Sierra Spartacus" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in
message news:407d3ae2

Isn't he Swedish? (does he know Danish?)
Yes, he is. There is a good chance, he reads both Danish and Norwegian.

Re:Linux 'explodes' in 2006.

At 07:05:09, 14.04.2004, Stig Johansen writes:
I knew I'd get such one, but did you notice the 'interesting for
*Borland*' part?
Indeed. Kylix is a Borland product for Linux, so it would be on-topic in
the Kylix group.
--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm