Re: User Interface Design for Forms applications?

2005-03-17 02:11:54 AM
delphi265
"Ian Boyd" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
i have that book on my desk, "The Essentials of User Interface Design" by
Alan Cooper.
I liked his song, "School's Out"
--
Blackbird Crow Raven, NSGW

Re: User Interface Design for Forms applications?

"Ian Boyd" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

Nobody is going to write programs with the requisite complexity in order
behave the way a user thinks it should.

No? - that is strange, I always try to. When I was speaking with a new
client a couple of weeks ago, they were asking what parts of their lab
operation they would need to change to make it work with my software - I
told them "none". I would change the softare to work the way their lab worked,
so that operations would be natural for them.
Too many programmers are stuck in the programmer mode, rather than user
mode.
Dave White
SpectraChrom Software
www.spectrachrom.com

Re: User Interface Design for Forms applications?

In article <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, XXXX@XXXXX.COM says...
>i have that book on my desk, "The Essentials of User Interface Design" by
>Alan Cooper.

I liked his song, "School's Out"

Wasn't that ALICE Cooper???

eshipman writes:
In article <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, XXXX@XXXXX.COM says...

>"Ian Boyd" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>
>>i have that book on my desk, "The Essentials of User Interface Design" by
>>Alan Cooper.
>
>I liked his song, "School's Out"

Wasn't that ALICE Cooper???
No, that was his sister. <g>OK, Stop It!