Re: BDS 2006 Update 2 latest results

2006-04-20 11:08:54 PM
delphi41
Lauchlan M writes:
Norton now picks up a file BDS.exe as a malicious script.
Pot, meet kettle... :)
All the great TeamB service you've come to expect plus (New!)
Irish Tin Whistle tips: learningtowhistle.blogspot.com

Lauchlan M writes:
>We've updated QualityCentral with the status of more bug fixes.
>Current count is 153 QC reports closed with BDS 2006 Update 2, build
>10.0.2288.42451. See my BDN article for more information.

Norton now picks up a file BDS.exe as a malicious script.

Is it completely ok to authorise this script as always safe, or is
there anything in it that might be of potential concern? i.e., can
Borland guarantee this script is safe?

Probably this is Norton getting things wrong, but I would like to be sure
. . .
Actually the best way to solve that is to completely wipe out anything
start with the word Norton from your system. I really don't know where
Norton went wrong. Still I cherish the Norton Commander days...

Craig Stuntz [TeamB] writes:
Lauchlan M writes:

>Norton now picks up a file BDS.exe as a malicious script.

Pot, meet kettle... :)
LOL! So true.
Leave BDS installed and get rid of Norton. Seriously. Almost anything else
is better. I personally have had zero issues with AVG.
"Light is faster than sound, which is why some folks appear bright
before they speak."

Wayne Niddery [TeamB] writes:
Craig Stuntz [TeamB] writes:

>Lauchlan M writes:
>

>>Norton now picks up a file BDS.exe as a malicious script.
>
>Pot, meet kettle... :)

LOL! So true.

Leave BDS installed and get rid of Norton. Seriously. Almost anything else
is better. I personally have had zero issues with AVG.

Boy, I will say. I have got a client that insists on using Norton on all his
computers. That rotten "Live Update" goofs up on occasion, and it is not a lot
of fun to get it back on track.
Agreed on your AVG comment, as well.
Bill

Wayne Niddery [TeamB] writes:
I personally have had zero issues with AVG.
<AOL />
Been using it for a few years now. It does it is thing, but in a very
un-intrusive manner. The price is good too!
--
Cheers,
David Clegg

Re: BDS 2006 Update 2 latest results

John Kaster (Borland) writes:
The QC search query to keep track of QC report closures for this
update is:

qc.borland.com/qc/wc/qcmain.aspx
The closed report count is now up to 485.
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com

Re: BDS 2006 Update 2 latest results

Do you have a link for AVG? I have to use Norton on my work computer since
the university has a site license (free to all employees and students for
both work and home computers). I have been using it on my home computer but
I'm not obligated to use it there. I would be interested in finding out about
something that is less of a hassle.
Ray Porter
"Wayne Niddery [TeamB]" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

Wayne Niddery [TeamB] writes:
Ray Porter writes:
>Do you have a link for AVG?

www.grisoft.com/
What do you use for a firewall Wayne?
--
Compact Framework for Delphi 2006: www.jed-software.com/cf.htm
QualityCentral Windows Client: www.jed-software.com/qc.htm

Re: BDS 2006 Update 2 latest results

JED writes:
If you haven't and use the welcome page currently you should check out
his version. It is excellent.

cc.borland.com/item.aspx
Yeah, looking forward to that BDN article so we can really raise
awareness of it.
--
John Kaster blogs.borland.com/johnk
Features and bugs: qc.borland.com
Get source: cc.borland.com
If it is not here, it is not happening: ec.borland.com

Re: BDS 2006 Update 2 latest results

Hello *
John Kaster (Borland) writes:
>qc.borland.com/qc/wc/qcmain.aspx

The closed report count is now up to 485.
John, that number is impressive.
But can you give us a QC query to list the _fixed_ _bugs_, not the
closed reports?
I ask because those 485 closed reports contains a lot of entries from
Update 2 Beta test, i.E. 27716, 27714, 27769, 27760, 27759, 27754,
27752, 27751...
For me as a user of BDS I am only interested in the number of fixes from
previous version, say BDS2006 RTM, D2005, Delphi 7 etc.
Perhaps something like this:
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
Achim

Re: BDS 2006 Update 2 latest results

And we need the real number. That means, no duplicates and no closed "as
designed", testcase error etc. Only closed with resolution "Fixed" and no
duplicate mark.
-Atle

Re: BDS 2006 Update 2 latest results

qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
- duplicate reports
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
And you get>134 < And that is not 485...
But ofcourse, it is nice that they are cleaning up the QC database also.
-Atle

Re: BDS 2006 Update 2 latest results

Forgot, those are only the Delphi project. There is no way to choose both..
Here's Delphi.NET
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
(150)
- duplicates
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
(2)
148..
So you got 148 Delphi.NET reports and 134 Delphi reports, that gives you a
total of 282 closed reports.
-Atle

Re: BDS 2006 Update 2 latest results

I guess there are many C++Builder fixes also.. Here is a search containing
Delphi
Delphi.NET
C++Builder
C#Builder
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
(420)
-
duplicates
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
(25)
So finally with everything counted for, you get 395. And ofcourse there are
duplicates not registered, bugs that is actually caused by the update itself
(like QC 27716), so I guess the real number is a little lower.
-Atle

Re: BDS 2006 Update 2 latest results

Still open:
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
(2197)
. duplicates
qc.borland.com/wc/qcmain.aspx
(214)
Gives a total of 1983 open reports.
This means 16,6% of the open reports have been solved with this update.
-Atle