XML component/class

2007-06-15 02:18:12 PM
delphi149
Any Delphi built-in XML class for accessing XML file?

Re:XML component/class

Alan T writes:
Any Delphi built-in XML class for accessing XML file?
Sure,
In .NET it is dead easy to use the serializers.
In W32, use "XML Data Binding", which you get by starting/opening a W32
application, file ->new, then into the Xml folder in Delphi Projects.
Both ways allow you to access XML like objects.
--
Robin.
Australian Bridal Accessories := www.bridalbuzz.com.au

Re:XML component/class

Hi,
Sorry, I am using Delphi 7 Professional. I cannot find the XML folder.
"Robin" <Robin@.com>writes
Alan T writes:
>Any Delphi built-in XML class for accessing XML file?

Sure,

In .NET it is dead easy to use the serializers.

In W32, use "XML Data Binding", which you get by starting/opening a W32
application, file ->new, then into the Xml folder in Delphi Projects.

Both ways allow you to access XML like objects.

--
Robin.

Australian Bridal Accessories := www.bridalbuzz.com.au
Turbo for Noobs (a work in progress) := turbofornoobs.blogspot.com/

Re:XML component/class

For accessing ini files Delphi 7 has TIni, does Delphi 7 have any class like that to
access XML files?
"jeffc" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
If you are looking for something built into the core Win32 Delphi language
for XML processing, then you are going to be using the underlying MSXML
from Microsoft. Which is not as fast and powerful as the stuff built into
.NET 2.0

I hope that CodeGear realizes that XML is here to stay and not offering
XML processing in the Core VCL library is making it look outdated. And
native code XML processing in Delphi would probably smoke the .NET
libraries.

There are lots of 3rd party choices out there:

NativeXML
www.simdesign.nl/xml.html

You might want to take a look at idom2-pas which are wrappers around the
superfast C DLL based lib2xml project. For the latest idom2-pas code you
should contact someone on the mailing list there as the code in
sourceforge is not up to date. They fully support these 2 methods and all
the XPath functionality of them. The project has over 400 DUnit tests to
make sure that they pass the spec for XML libs. It has worked with every
XPath query and predicate I have thrown at it. I belive Marco Cantu is
using it.

Re:XML component/class

Alan T writes:

Sorry, I am using Delphi 7 Professional. I cannot find the XML folder.
Hi Alan,
In that case, add the XmlDoc unit to your Uses clause.
Thenyou can use TXmlDocuments. Help is pretty good in this section*
*I don't have D7, so I hope it is the same as BDS2006.
--

Alan T writes:
For accessing ini files Delphi 7 has TIni, does Delphi 7 have any class like that
Not in Delphi 7 professional. I personally have used XML Parser for years:
www.destructor.de/xmlparser
It is free, simple and does not depend on third party stuff like MSXML.
Jan Derk

Re:XML component/class

Alan T writes:
Any Delphi built-in XML class for accessing XML file?

Note built-in, but if you are using the JCL, you have the TJclSimpleXML
class, encapsulated by the JVCL as the TJvSimpleXML component.

Re:XML component/class

[...]

Try OmniXML (www.omnixml.com). Works well for me.
Alexander Elagin

Re:XML component/class

Also if you have to do any XSLT processing. On the .NET side is the
powerful Saxon engine that is even used in Stylus Studio commercial product.
saxon.sourceforge.net/
Now if we only had these choices in Win32 Delphi :(

Re:XML component/class

This is a very good resource for what you are trying to accomplish.
Should be same for D7
www.drbob42.org/examines/examin23.htm

Re:XML component/class

Alan T writes:
Any Delphi built-in XML class for accessing XML file?
The built-in TXMLDocument class, that wraps the MSXML (IXMLDocument) engine
works well for me.
Jon

Re:XML component/class

jeffc writes:
If you are looking for something built into the core Win32 Delphi language
for XML processing, then you are going to be using the underlying MSXML
from Microsoft.
This isn't exactly accurate. You can use OpenXML, a native Delphi
implementation, using the Delphi XML Wrappers. Take a look at the
TXMLDocument.DOMVendor property. In fact, you can use any vendor
compatible XML parser.
I hope that CodeGear realizes that XML is here to stay and not offering
XML processing in the Core VCL library is making it look outdated. And
native code XML processing in Delphi would probably smoke the .NET libraries.
Again, Delphi ships XML class wrappers and a native XML parser
implementation.
Although I haven't seen any benchmarks, I doubt that OpenXML is going to
outperform either MSXML or .NET 2.0. The amount of R&D that has gone
into MSXML (and continues to be put in for SQL Server) and .NET 2.0
completely dwarfs OpenXML's.
--
Brian Moelk
Brain Endeavor LLC

Re:XML component/class

Alexander Elagin writes:
Try OmniXML (www.omnixml.com). Works well for me.
For a native Delphi implementation, I like OmniXML as well.
--
Brian Moelk
Brain Endeavor LLC