Listbox under Win311 limited

The Object TListbox is under Win311 limited within a 64kB-Segment. For
example, if you want to store Strings (PChar) with a length of 120 bytes
the max count is about 500. My problem is, that i have to store about
1500 strings in a Listbox. A possibility to do so is to programm a
listbox that works with pointer of string instead of the string itself.
Had anyone already programmed such object or is there a way to get the
original borland code of  the object TListbox, so that i can change
this?

Re:Listbox under Win311 limited

H.Winter wrote:
> The Object TListbox is under Win311 limited within a 64kB-Segment. For
> example, if you want to store Strings (PChar) with a length of 120 bytes
> the max count is about 500. My problem is, that i have to store about
> 1500 strings in a Listbox. A possibility to do so is to programm a
> listbox that works with pointer of string instead of the string itself.
> Had anyone already programmed such object or is there a way to get the
> original borland code of  the object TListbox, so that i can change
> this?

You should have a copy of the source code for the ODialogs Unit in your
RTL\OWL (Run-Time Library) directory, generally <PascalDir>\RTL\OWL...

But if you don't here it is...

  Odialogs.pas
72K Download

Mechanix wrote:
> But if you don't here it is...

Fault number 1:  Posting copyrighted source not permitted for redistribution.

>                       Name: Odialogs.pas
>    Odialogs.pas       Type: (application/x-unknown-content-type-DelphiUnit)
>                   Encoding: 7bit

Fault number 2:  Then posting it as a MIME attachment.

Re:Listbox under Win311 limited

In article <35362330.F4C23...@rz.htwk-leipzig.de>,
   "H.Winter" <hwin...@rz.htwk-leipzig.de> wrote:

>The Object TListbox is under Win311 limited within a 64kB-Segment. For
>example, if you want to store Strings (PChar) with a length of 120 bytes
>the max count is about 500. My problem is, that i have to store about
>1500 strings in a Listbox. A possibility to do so is to programm a
>listbox that works with pointer of string instead of the string itself.
>Had anyone already programmed such object or is there a way to get the
>original borland code of  the object TListbox, so that i can change
>this?

Don't change the parent objects, use descencts.
You may use an owner drawn listbox which handles the displaying of entries.
The pointers to your strings could be stored using the lb_SetItemData Message.

Cheers!
- Ulli -

===
"On no account allow a Vogon to read poetry at you!"

Ulli Conrad
ucon...@gmx.net
http://www.gwdg.de/~uconrad1
Public PGP-Key at http://www.gwdg.de/~uconrad1/upgpkey.asc

Re:Listbox under Win311 limited

JRS:  In article <353662C6.D483F...@Hempseed.Com> of Fri, 17 Apr 1998
07:58:01 in comp.lang.pascal.borland, Mechanix <Mecha...@Hempseed.Com>
wrote:

>You should have a copy of the source code for the ODialogs Unit in your
>RTL\OWL (Run-Time Library) directory, generally <PascalDir>\RTL\OWL...

>But if you don't here it is...

>[ A MIME Programming/Pascal part was included here. ]

100k binary - kindly terminate yourself.  That is a breach of copyright,
of standard netiquette, and of common consideration for others.

--
John Stockton, Surrey, UK.    j...@merlyn.demon.co.uk    Turnpike v1.12    MIME.
  Web <URL: http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> - FAQqish topics, acronyms & links.

Other Threads