opening a program within a program

I am using Borland c++ Builder and want to know how to open a program within
a program. I can't seem to find a function that will do this. Basically what
I want to do is be able to click on a button in my program and open another
program, say notepad
for example. How do I do this without using the system() function?
Thanks ahead of time.

Re:opening a program within a program

Try ShellExecute or CreateProcess

--

This one was dead black, and in this, nothing moved.

Dan wrote in message <8VdI9.24123$NV.486...@news.direcpc.com>...
>I am using Borland c++ Builder and want to know how to open a program
within
>a program. I can't seem to find a function that will do this. Basically
what
>I want to do is be able to click on a button in my program and open
another
>program, say notepad
>for example. How do I do this without using the system() function?

Read the answer to this question and several others at
http://www.bancoems.com/CompLangPascalDelphiMisc-MiniFAQ.htm

Groetjes,
Maarten Wiltink

Other Threads