SQL Links and SQL Server 2000

But how?

    Thanks in advance!

Jim Elden <x@yz> wrote in message news:3a9bf1fd$1_1@dnews...
> Douglas,

> You can connect to MSSQL 2000 via SQL Links (we do) but you
> cannot use the new datatypes (nvarchar, etc.).

> HTH,
> Jim

Re:SQL Links and SQL Server 2000

Robin,

> But how?

If the question means how to connect to SQL 2000 with
SQL Links+BDE then it's the same as with SQL 6.x, 7.0...

First make sure you have the SQL client installed, from
the SQL 2000 CD, then set up the BDE alias with the
MSSQL driver.   Set the DATABASE NAME and
SERVER NAME parameters and you should be OK.

But as Bill says, you are well advised to use ADO instead
for any new development.

HTH,
Jim

Re:SQL Links and SQL Server 2000

This will not work from a SQl Server 200 client if the database your
connecting to uses Windows Authentication only.

Re:SQL Links and SQL Server 2000

Thanks for pointing that out, Doug.  We've been using SQL Server
authentication.

Jim

Other Threads