object index is in use with IBConsole

Hi,

when I want to drop a bunch of constraints, it's very painfull with
IBConsole, because I have to disconnect and connect again after every
drop statement.

Is there a good tool, where I don't have this problem? Or can this be
solved somehow in IBConsole?

cu Christian

Re:object index is in use with IBConsole

Christian Kaufmann <christian.kaufm...@gmx.net> wrote:
>Hi,

>when I want to drop a bunch of constraints, it's very painfull with
>IBConsole, because I have to disconnect and connect again after every
>drop statement.

>Is there a good tool, where I don't have this problem? Or can this be
>solved somehow in IBConsole?

No, all tools will cause something like this.  You can add a
RECONNECT statement to your script between drops.

Christian Kaufmann wrote:
> I use 1.0.1.344. Should I upgrade to the newest version? Will the
> newest version run on IB 6.01 open source?

        Yes and yes, but don't use IB 6.01.  It is pre-release and has serious
bugs which are fixed in 6.0.1.6 and later.  You can get binaries of
6.0.1.6 Open Edition from http://mers.com

        -Craig

  Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://delphi.weblogs.com
Useful articles about InterBase and Delphi development:
  http://delphi.weblogs.com/articles

Re:object index is in use with IBConsole

>No, all tools will cause something like this.  You can add a
>RECONNECT statement to your script between drops.

If I enter this statement in IB Console, I'll get an error (list index
out of bounds())

I use 1.0.1.344. Should I upgrade to the newest version? Will the
newest version run on IB 6.01 open source?

cu Christian

Other Threads