Local Machine Name and Default User

I am using Interbase and to speed setup of its local login
I need to get the local machine name...

I had the code but now looking for it to basically get the
local machine name in all versions of Windows specially
Win9x... I have Colin Wilson's NT utilities, but really
looking for code that works in all of Windows versions.

Also, since many Win9x users simply hit ESC at user login
I have found all sorts of strange character strings as
current logged in user under these circumstances. Is
there a way to determine if Windows is using its default
user as the logged in user to avoid dealing with these
unique strings?

Thanks. Figured asking here would be fastest results.

--
Roger Heath
he...@rleeheath.com

Re:Local Machine Name and Default User

"Roger Heath" <he...@rleeheath.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> I am using Interbase and to speed setup of its local login
> I need to get the local machine name...

"localhost" should always work, I think...

For the actual name look at Win32 Programmer's Reference (online available
at MS): NetServerGetInfo

It should work for all Windows 95 / NT versions, and it's pretty easy to use
for a Windows API function. ;-)

HTH,
Jan Henrik Sylvester <m...@janh.de>

Other Threads