how to merge a popup menu with another menu

Hello, all together,

I have written a Delphi application which uses many TPopupMenus. Now I want
to give the user the possibility to call the functions also via the normal
EDIT-menu. So I tried to add the TPopupMenu-entries to a normal TMenu. This
works fine. But as I check the sender-object in the OnClick-event to call
different functions, there comes up a big problem. How can I have one
menu-item parallel in a TMenu and TPopupMenu? Or is there a way to change
the sender object?

Any hints would be greatly appreciated ...

Bye,
Jrgen Bauer
BauerSoftware

Re:how to merge a popup menu with another menu

In article <7tv8sd$c...@forums.borland.com>, Jrgen Bauer wrote:
> But as I check the sender-object in the OnClick-event to call
> different functions, there comes up a big problem. How can I have one
> menu-item parallel in a TMenu and TPopupMenu? Or is there a way to change
> the sender object?

If you use an ActionList, the Sender will always be a TAction.

 Mike Orriss (TeamB)
 (Unless stated otherwise, my replies relate to Delphi 4.03/5.00)
 (Unsolicited e-mail replies will most likely be ignored)

Re:how to merge a popup menu with another menu

In AnimatedMenus/2000 you can attach any popup menu to any other menu --
they'll look just like submenus. You can attach
TFavoritesMenu2000, TFolderMenu2000, TColorMenu2000 etc...

Thank You!

Sincerely, Andrew Cher,
AnimatedMenus.com, Inc.

 AnimatedMenus/2000 is the only
 Office 2000 and Windows 2000 compatible
 menu system for Delphi and C++Builder
 Visit us today on the World Wide Web at:
 http://www.animatedmenus.com/

> I have written a Delphi application which uses many TPopupMenus. Now I
want
> to give the user the possibility to call the functions also via the normal
> EDIT-menu. So I tried to add the TPopupMenu-entries to a normal TMenu.
This
> works fine. But as I check the sender-object in the OnClick-event to call
> different functions, there comes up a big problem. How can I have one
> menu-item parallel in a TMenu and TPopupMenu? Or is there a way to change
> the sender object?

> Any hints would be greatly appreciated ...

> Bye,
> Jrgen Bauer
> BauerSoftware

Other Threads