Board index » delphi » accessing dBase III files through BDE

accessing dBase III files through BDE

BDE is configured to access dBase IV files using STANDARD driver. I need

to have access to dBase III files and cannot go through the errors
"Index does not exist ... MDX...CDX"

Many thanks for any help!

Jan

 

Re:accessing dBase III files through BDE


Jan,

try to set a LEVEL propery of DBase driver in BDE Administrator in 3.

--
With best regards, Mike Shkolnik
E-Mail: mshkol...@scalabium.com
WEB: http://www.scalabium.com

Jan Borawski <j.boraw...@minrol.gov.pl> ??? a
????:3CDF8222.EE31A...@minrol.gov.pl...

Quote
> BDE is configured to access dBase IV files using STANDARD driver. I need

> to have access to dBase III files and cannot go through the errors
> "Index does not exist ... MDX...CDX"

> Many thanks for any help!

> Jan

Re:accessing dBase III files through BDE


Thanks Mike, but a LEVEL property refers to the newly created temporary files
Jan

Mike Shkolnik napisa3(a):

Quote
> Jan,

> try to set a LEVEL propery of DBase driver in BDE Administrator in 3.

> --
> With best regards, Mike Shkolnik
> E-Mail: mshkol...@scalabium.com
> WEB: http://www.scalabium.com

> Jan Borawski <j.boraw...@minrol.gov.pl> ??? a
> ????:3CDF8222.EE31A...@minrol.gov.pl...
> > BDE is configured to access dBase IV files using STANDARD driver. I need

> > to have access to dBase III files and cannot go through the errors
> > "Index does not exist ... MDX...CDX"

> > Many thanks for any help!

> > Jan

Re:accessing dBase III files through BDE


Jan,

you're not right. Just change a LEVEL and re-open every your tables/queries.

--
With best regards, Mike Shkolnik
E-Mail: mshkol...@scalabium.com
WEB: http://www.scalabium.com

Jan Borawski <j.boraw...@minrol.gov.pl> ??? a
????:3CDFA3A7.D4C12...@minrol.gov.pl...

Quote
> Thanks Mike, but a LEVEL property refers to the newly created temporary
files
> Jan

> Mike Shkolnik napisa3(a):

> > Jan,

> > try to set a LEVEL propery of DBase driver in BDE Administrator in 3.

> > --
> > With best regards, Mike Shkolnik
> > E-Mail: mshkol...@scalabium.com
> > WEB: http://www.scalabium.com

> > Jan Borawski <j.boraw...@minrol.gov.pl> ??? a
> > ????:3CDF8222.EE31A...@minrol.gov.pl...
> > > BDE is configured to access dBase IV files using STANDARD driver. I
need

> > > to have access to dBase III files and cannot go through the errors
> > > "Index does not exist ... MDX...CDX"

> > > Many thanks for any help!

> > > Jan

Re:accessing dBase III files through BDE


There is a file on the community called:
15410_small_dataset_for_dbase_iii_tables.zip

Might help.

Andrew

Re:accessing dBase III files through BDE


Thanks for your help! I did the work from dBase side clearing the header
from non standard flags. All is OK with pure dBase III  file.
Jan

U?ytkownik "Andrew Skinner" <skin...@summerfld.demon.co.uk> napisa3 w
wiadomo?ci news:3CE0136A.412CF09C@summerfld.demon.co.uk...

Quote
> There is a file on the community called:
> 15410_small_dataset_for_dbase_iii_tables.zip

> Might help.

> Andrew

Other Threads