MSACCESS vs. Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)

I recently wrote a program that uses TDatabase and TTable to get access to
some tables I have in an .MDB file.
I was using the MSACCESS driver because I thought it would be faster than
ODBC.
In a test I did, I found that the ODBC driver Microsoft Access Driver
(*.mdb) was about twice as fast.

Why?  Anyone have any insight into this?

I am using Borland Builder 4 Professional and BDE 5.1.1

Rob

Re:MSACCESS vs. Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)

In article <3bec1ea2$1_2@dnews> in newsgroup borland.public.bde on Fri, 9
Nov 2001 13:18:55 -0500, Rob Plourde Jr.(r...@nomail.com) said...

> I recently wrote a program that uses TDatabase and TTable to get access to
> some tables I have in an .MDB file.
> I was using the MSACCESS driver because I thought it would be faster than
> ODBC.
> In a test I did, I found that the ODBC driver Microsoft Access Driver
> (*.mdb) was about twice as fast.

> Why?  Anyone have any insight into this?

No.

But the native drivers are not compatible with Access after 97, whereas
the ODBC driver will continue to work.

The native drivers in my experience are very slow anyway. Use ADO if you
can.

Patrick Dunford, Christchurch, NZ - http://pdunford.godzone.net.nz/

   Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead,
make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in
your brother's way.
    -- Romans 14:13
       http://www.StudyLight.org/desk/?query=Romans+14:13

Other Threads