Creating MS Access database through BDE native driver ?

Hello,
How to do it ? Writing down in BDE Administrator couse error.
I put in DATABASE NAME (default: DRIVE:/PATH/DATABASE.MDB) - c:\test.mdb
LANGDRIVER (default: blank) - Access General
OPEN MODE, SYSTEM DATABASE, USER NAME - with default value

Error: File does not exist. Couldn't find file c:\test.mdb
It realy is as message c:\test.mdb is not create by BDE Administrator.

with regards
Andrzej Godawski

Re:Creating MS Access database through BDE native driver ?

You cannot create an Access database file with the BDE native driver.
You have to use direct DAO calls or third party components. Search
this group with Google and you will find examples of creating an
Access database with DAO.

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 10:48:13 +0100, Andrzej Godawski

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:Creating MS Access database through BDE native driver ?

> You cannot create an Access database file with the BDE native driver.
> You have to use direct DAO calls or third party components. Search
> this group with Google and you will find examples of creating an
> Access database with DAO.

Yes I realy miss thay help describe creating and open but not file, only tables.
So how to prepare file empty_db.mdb - DAO is one method. Can it be done by
proper
version of M$ Access and how (with user management - BDE parameter SYSTEM
DATABASE) ?

with regards
Andrzej Godawski

Re:Creating MS Access database through BDE native driver ?

The only ways I know of are with DAO calls, third party components or
using Access via Automation.

--
Bill (TeamB)