Oracle 7.3 and ODBC drivers with Delphi 4

Does anyone know of an idiot's guide to setting up the Oracle ODBC
driver so I can use Delphi 2 or 4 Professional to access it?

In design mode I can set up a Query, a Data Source and a DBGrid and I
can browse the data easily.  It looks to me like ODBC works.  When I run
the program it prompts me for a username and password then crashes.  I
can also get it to crash by setting Query.Active to False and setting it
True under a button-click.  Maybe it isn't the ODBC driver, it's just
missing some code.  I can't find any books that cover the subject, and
I've tried lots of combinations of settings.

Any advice would be gratefully accepted.

Re:Oracle 7.3 and ODBC drivers with Delphi 4

always a good idea:

rename hkey\lm\software\oracle\otrace73

when dealing with blobs get odbc v2.5 or higher

>Does anyone know of an idiot's guide to setting up the Oracle ODBC
>driver so I can use Delphi 2 or 4 Professional to access it?

>In design mode I can set up a Query, a Data Source and a DBGrid and I
>can browse the data easily.  It looks to me like ODBC works.  When I run
>the program it prompts me for a username and password then crashes.  I
>can also get it to crash by setting Query.Active to False and setting it
>True under a button-click.  Maybe it isn't the ODBC driver, it's just
>missing some code.  I can't find any books that cover the subject, and
>I've tried lots of combinations of settings.

>Any advice would be gratefully accepted.

ciao, jan

Other Threads