Don't want to use VB please Help

I already post a message about this. But my problem remains the same :

When opening an MSAccess table with the native driver, it lasts more
than 3 or 4 seconds. The table has only 3 records.

I read on DejaNews that native access driver had a problem with a DAO
call. Is it possible to fix it easily ? And what is this problem ?

The project had to be programmed with VB, but I forced to use Delphi.
Will I have to change to VB ? It would be a great pain for me :-(

Thanks for any clue.
--
Frdric GUILLIEN

Re:Don't want to use VB please Help

I am having the same problem - first time using Access 97 w D3. Other than
the open, performance seems to be mediocre but not terrible. But you do
have to wait for the database to open. Best solution probably a la
Microsoft, some nice graphic thingie to keep user entertained. :-(

Robert

In article <352BE2C5.2...@hol.fr>, fguill...@hol.fr wrote:
>I already post a message about this. But my problem remains the same :

>When opening an MSAccess table with the native driver, it lasts more
>than 3 or 4 seconds. The table has only 3 records.

>I read on DejaNews that native access driver had a problem with a DAO
>call. Is it possible to fix it easily ? And what is this problem ?

>The project had to be programmed with VB, but I forced to use Delphi.
>Will I have to change to VB ? It would be a great pain for me :-(

That will not solve you problem.

Either the opening of the DB takes time (Delphi) or starting the application
takes time (VB).

But are you using D3.02 I thought the DAO support in this version was much
better.

The Graphical Gnome (r...@ktibv.nl)
Sr. Software Engineer IT Department
The Unofficial Delphi Developers FAQ
http://www.gnomehome.demon.nl/uddf/index.htm

The Graphical Gnome wrote:

> In article <352BE2C5.2...@hol.fr>, fguill...@hol.fr wrote:
> >I already post a message about this. But my problem remains the same :

> >When opening an MSAccess table with the native driver, it lasts more
> >than 3 or 4 seconds. The table has only 3 records.

> >I read on DejaNews that native access driver had a problem with a DAO
> >call. Is it possible to fix it easily ? And what is this problem ?

> >The project had to be programmed with VB, but I forced to use Delphi.
> >Will I have to change to VB ? It would be a great pain for me :-(
> That will not solve you problem.

> Either the opening of the DB takes time (Delphi) or starting the application
> takes time (VB).

> But are you using D3.02 I thought the DAO support in this version was much
> better.

> The Graphical Gnome (r...@ktibv.nl)
> Sr. Software Engineer IT Department
> The Unofficial Delphi Developers FAQ
> http://www.gnomehome.demon.nl/uddf/index.htm

Yes, I do : d3.02, bde4.51 and so on...

Finally the ending is sad : I go back to VB5.
The project in Delphi look good : screens appear correctly, but tables
opens very slowly. The data modele is very complexe...
The project in VB : forms appears very slowly appearing control by
control, painting half by half...

But it will work correctly. And the customer will not blame me for using
a product too slow... And I ll keep on saying that Delphi is faster :-)

Regards,
--
Frdric GUILLIEN

Here is my Web site. Yet all in french (sorry, time missing...)
http://wwwperso.hol.fr/~fguillei

Show your support for the Best Windows Development Tool
Join TDAG (The Delphi Advocacy Group)
http://home1.gte.net/mikep/tdag.html

Re:Don't want to use VB please Help

Have you considered Titan's native Access drivers instead of BDE?
I tried the SQL Anywhere ones and are extreamly fast.
Try the trial from www.reggatta.com

Best regards,
Remus

Re:Don't want to use VB please Help

Just a wild guess: I'd try ODBC instead of native access, it can be
faster.

Flying Objects wrote:

> Just a wild guess: I'd try ODBC instead of native access, it can be
> faster.

You are right it's faster. But as I install BDE, I don't want to install
ODBC too...

Thanks.
--
Frdric GUILLIEN

Here is my Web site. Yet all in french (sorry, time missing...)
http://wwwperso.hol.fr/~fguillei

Show your support for the Best Windows Development Tool
Join TDAG (The Delphi Advocacy Group)
http://home1.gte.net/mikep/tdag.html

Other Threads