Which 32-bit compiler?

[ Article crossposted from comp.lang.pascal.misc ]
[ Author was  ]
[ Posted on Tue, 19 Mar 1996 17:09:03 GMT ]

Hi...

i'm currently investigating which 32-bit compiler I should use..
I'm currently working with Borland Pascal 7.0 Pmode, But Since all of you
know that you cannot get array >64 I am in need of another compiler which
can...

I have at the moment GNU PCBP and FPK 0.6.2, But before I'm going over to one
of them, I'd like to know how well ther fare against BP7.0 and which one is
better (BTW I'm also using Inline Assembler and also wish to get 386 code)..

Or is there another 32-bit Pascal compiler which is better (for DOS)...

Andre Jakobs
  MicroBrain Technologies Inc.
    The Netherlands

Re:Which 32-bit compiler?

tjak...@ms.philips.nl (JAKOBS_TWJ) wrote:
>[ Article crossposted from comp.lang.pascal.misc ]
>[ Author was  ]
>[ Posted on Tue, 19 Mar 1996 17:09:03 GMT ]

>Hi...

>i'm currently investigating which 32-bit compiler I should use..
>I'm currently working with Borland Pascal 7.0 Pmode, But Since all of you
>know that you cannot get array >64 I am in need of another compiler which
>can...

>I have at the moment GNU PCBP and FPK 0.6.2, But before I'm going over to one
>of them, I'd like to know how well ther fare against BP7.0 and which one is
>better (BTW I'm also using Inline Assembler and also wish to get 386 code)..

Both compilers generate 386 code. GPC is available for many operanting systems.
FPK currently only available for DOS, but a LINUX port is planned.
The assembler syntax of both compilers is that of the GNU AS. I'am
using FPK and I use it to develop this compiler ;-) . GPC is written in C.
FPK supports units, (I think GPBP not), the extensions of the Delphi II
syntax are plannend or implemented (Exceptions !).

FPK works quite stable, how the compiler shows. Maybe the code generation
of GPC is in some cases better.

I think, if you come from UNIX use GPBP, but if you are come from BP use FPK
!!!

Florian

Re:Which 32-bit compiler?

tjak...@ms.philips.nl (JAKOBS_TWJ) wrote:
>[ Article crossposted from comp.lang.pascal.misc ]
>[ Author was  ]
>[ Posted on Tue, 19 Mar 1996 17:09:03 GMT ]

>Hi...

>i'm currently investigating which 32-bit compiler I should use..
>I'm currently working with Borland Pascal 7.0 Pmode, But Since all of you
>know that you cannot get array >64 I am in need of another compiler which
>can...

>I have at the moment GNU PCBP and FPK 0.6.2, But before I'm going over to one
>of them, I'd like to know how well ther fare against BP7.0 and which one is
>better (BTW I'm also using Inline Assembler and also wish to get 386 code)..

Both compilers generate 386 code. GPC is available for many operanting systems.
FPK currently only available for DOS, but a LINUX port is planned.
The assembler syntax of both compilers is that of the GNU AS. I'am
using FPK and I use it to develop this compiler ;-) . GPC is written in C.
FPK supports units, (I think GPBP not), the extensions of the Delphi II
syntax are plannend or implemented (Exceptions !).

FPK works quite stable, how the compiler shows. Maybe the code generation
of GPC is in some cases better.

I think, if you come from UNIX use GPBP, but if you are come from BP use FPK
!!!

Florian

Re:Which 32-bit compiler?

tjak...@ms.philips.nl (JAKOBS_TWJ) wrote:

[snip]

>Or is there another 32-bit Pascal compiler which is better (for DOS)...
>Andre Jakobs
>  MicroBrain Technologies Inc.
>    The Netherlands

Stony Brook Pascal++. Its commercial, and BP compatible.

Other Threads