Detect current IP address for Dialup networking

Hi,

Is anyone kind enough to tell me how I could detect the current IP
addresses of the dialup networking connection from a Delphi program?

Thanks!

Re:Detect current IP address for Dialup networking

Most tcpip socket components have properties like localip which do this.

In article <3520D970.E704C...@pacific.net.sg>, Ferdinand Tang
<f...@pacific.net.sg> writes

>Hi,

>Is anyone kind enough to tell me how I could detect the current IP
>addresses of the dialup networking connection from a Delphi program?

>Thanks!

You need the RasGetEntryProperties API. This isn't documented in
Delphi's version of the API help because the function is only available
under Win NT 4 or Win 95 OSR 2. If you have plain Windows 95 then you
need to download the DUN update from MS's Web site. You will also find
documentation for the new RAS functions there.

--
Jeremy Collins

Re:Detect current IP address for Dialup networking

Hi,

I assume you're using delphi 2.0 or greater.
Look at the unit called 'winsock.pas' , there's a function in it for
getting the local IP address.

Ferdinand Tang wrote:
> Hi,

> Is anyone kind enough to tell me how I could detect the current IP
> addresses of the dialup networking connection from a Delphi program?

> Thanks!

Other Threads