W95 Install problem - toolbar icons were pixel-blitzed

Help! I got a new motherboard - a 686 and gave the 486 to my nephew,
and put in W95, and now when I start Delphi, the icons in
the top toolbar look like someone smeared pixels through them. The rest
of the interface looks fine.

Anybody know what's going on?

Thanks for any help

Jim Fairbrother

www.fairbrothers.com

Re:W95 Install problem - toolbar icons were pixel-blitzed

I had the same problem with my new Terminator 3D drivers, I switched to the
old ones and no problem. This is a video driver problem.
--
Greetz, Jack

Wat do you see when you look at your shadow?

A pale reflection or a strong outline of you.......?

Jim Fairbrother <fairbroth...@smart.net> schreef in artikel
<33ACBEB0.3...@smart.net>...

> Help! I got a new motherboard - a 686 and gave the 486 to my nephew,
> and put in W95, and now when I start Delphi, the icons in
> the top toolbar look like someone smeared pixels through them. The rest
> of the interface looks fine.

> Anybody know what's going on?

> Thanks for any help

> Jim Fairbrother

> www.fairbrothers.com

Re:W95 Install problem - toolbar icons were pixel-blitzed

Did you also get a new video card with the new motherboard? Buggy video
drivers for new video cards are extremely common. Check the web site for
your video card manufacturer to see if they have updated drivers.

Russ Chinoy
---------------

Jim Fairbrother wrote:

> Help! I got a new motherboard - a 686 and gave the 486 to my nephew,
> and put in W95, and now when I start Delphi, the icons in
> the top toolbar look like someone smeared pixels through them. The rest
> of the interface looks fine.

> Anybody know what's going on?

> Thanks for any help

> Jim Fairbrother

> www.fairbrothers.com

Thanks for the e-mail replies. I *did* get a new video card along with
the Motherboard, and I also installed Dragon Writer and Universal
Translator along the way - two programs which alter fonts. However,
the problem cleared up when I changed the DCL library locations so
it no longer looked in Delphi 1 for the Delphi 2 library (I
was trying to save both versions separately on my hard disk, without
having to add all the Delphi 1 library programs to Delphi 2). I
recompiled it and it's okay now.

Other Threads