Indy TIdFTP connection freezes

Hi,
I am using Indy 8.0 included with Delphi 6.
I wrote a simple FTP client, just like the one in the demo, and when
the FTP server stops the data transfer while my FTP client is
downloading a file, the Indy TIdFTP doesn't detect any deconnection.
Thus it just waits for data which of course will never come.

The IdLogdebug log indicates :
"426 Data connection closed, file transfer foobar.dat aborted by
SysOp."

How can I do to raise an exception upon such a deconnection ?

Tell me if Indy 9 solves the problem.

thanks

Samuel.

Ps: I was thinking of running a second thread calling
checkfordisconnect from time to time but it doesn't look too good...

Re:Indy TIdFTP connection freezes

Update : I tried with Indy 9 and it didn't solve the problem.

Actually, this problem occured in all Indy FTP Demo I ran into, the
one provided with Delphi 6, and the one provided on Indy web site. All
the demos freeze when the FTP server stops sending data (when the FTP
admin aborts the data transfer).

So I think this isn't a small issue...

Someone can help ?

SaM.

arro...@caramail.com (SaM) wrote in message <news:b47bf5b1.0210080119.4b4fcdfd@posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
> I am using Indy 8.0 included with Delphi 6.
> I wrote a simple FTP client, just like the one in the demo, and when
> the FTP server stops the data transfer while my FTP client is
> downloading a file, the Indy TIdFTP doesn't detect any deconnection.
> Thus it just waits for data which of course will never come.

> The IdLogdebug log indicates :
> "426 Data connection closed, file transfer foobar.dat aborted by
> SysOp."

> How can I do to raise an exception upon such a deconnection ?

> Tell me if Indy 9 solves the problem.

> thanks

> Samuel.

> Ps: I was thinking of running a second thread calling
> checkfordisconnect from time to time but it doesn't look too good...

Other Threads