SQL Server 6.5 x SQL Server 7

Hello everyone!

I'm using D4 with BDE v.5.1.1.1.

I have an application which access SQL Server 6.5.
What should be done to make it work with SQL Server 7?
Is it direct, or should I make any change in my program?

Thanks in advance.

Re:SQL Server 6.5 x SQL Server 7

I did this exact thing a little over a yeat ago. MS SQL Server 7 is
heads and tails above MS SQL Server 6.5.

The only problem I came accross was a large query in my application was
causing a DEADLOCK error. There was no need for the lock to be there at
all so I added a configuration option for MS SQL Server 7.0 installs to
add the NO LOCK statement to the offending query.

Just to let you know, we have one set of source that runs on MS SQL
Server 6.5, MS SQL Server 7.0, Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5 and Adaptive SQL
Anywhere 6.0.  Kudos to Borland for that.

From my experience, you should have no troubles at all. Supporting 6.5
after supporting 7.0 would be a horrible job.

Good luck,

Isaac Alexander
Develus Systems Inc
Certified Delphi Constultant

Vlamir Alves wrote:
> Hello everyone!

> I'm using D4 with BDE v.5.1.1.1.

> I have an application which access SQL Server 6.5.
> What should be done to make it work with SQL Server 7?
> Is it direct, or should I make any change in my program?

> Thanks in advance.

Other Threads