Suggestions for TIBStoredProc.Params

The Params property of TIBStoredProc is still of type TParams.
The Params properties of TIBDataset and TIBSQL however are of type
TIBXSQLDA.
May I suggest to introduce in the next version of IBX for TIBStoredProc the
properties InputParams and OutputParams both of type TIBXSQLDA?
The use of Params in the IBX components will then be more consistent.

Thanks,
Robert.

Re:Suggestions for TIBStoredProc.Params

Robert wrote:

> The Params property of TIBStoredProc is still of type TParams.
> The Params properties of TIBDataset and TIBSQL however are of type
> TIBXSQLDA.
> May I suggest to introduce in the next version of IBX for TIBStoredProc the
> properties InputParams and OutputParams both of type TIBXSQLDA?
> The use of Params in the IBX components will then be more consistent.

No because then it is not consistent with TDataset descendants.  TIBStoredProc,
TIBQuery and TIBTable are supposed to be IBX equivalents of TStoredProc, TQuery
and TTable.  All three of those use TParam.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
This sad little lizard told me that he was a brontosaurus on his mother's

Re:Suggestions for TIBStoredProc.Params

> > The Params property of TIBStoredProc is still of type TParams.
> > The Params properties of TIBDataset and TIBSQL however are of type
> > TIBXSQLDA.
> > May I suggest to introduce in the next version of IBX for TIBStoredProc
the
> > properties InputParams and OutputParams both of type TIBXSQLDA?
> > The use of Params in the IBX components will then be more consistent.

> No because then it is not consistent with TDataset descendants.
TIBStoredProc,
> TIBQuery and TIBTable are supposed to be IBX equivalents of TStoredProc,
TQuery
> and TTable.  All three of those use TParam.

Actually I meant to keep TIBStoredProc.Params of TParams and additional
introduce TIBStoredProc.InputParams/OutputParams of type TIBXSQLDA.
But I agree this can be confusing.
Background of my question was that I want to make a general parameter dialog
which will set parameter values for both TIBDataset.Params, TIBQuery.Params,
TIBSQL.PArams and TIBStoredProd.InputParams.

Bye, Robert

Other Threads