Problem accessing Paradox Tables in Delphi 1

Douglas Phillips wrote:
> I am developing an application in Delphi 1 that uses Paradox 5 tables
> (several of them).  My problem is that when I set my TTable to active,
> it gives me the error message "Table Header/Index Corrupted".  What
> confuses me is that both DBD for Delphi 1 and DBD for Delphi 4 open it
> fine, and Delphi 4 opens it fine.  The tables were created in DBD for
> Delphi 1.

> BTW, I am running D1 off of a removable disk (Zip disk).  Could that
> be the problem?  I am working with limited storage space and use D1 so
> little that I put it on the Zip for storage and use only when I need
> it.

The version-differences should not be an issue because the two versions
of BDE are data-compatible.  I would check the BDE/IDAPI configuration
settings closely for compatibility (net dir, local share etc.).

It also seems that the zip should not be the problem.  Your scenario
ought to work.  Step back from it, check the config settings and
environment closely, assume nothing.

Re:Problem accessing Paradox Tables in Delphi 1

Hi,

I am developing an application in Delphi 1 that uses Paradox 5 tables
(several of them).  My problem is that when I set my TTable to active,
it gives me the error message "Table Header/Index Corrupted".  What
confuses me is that both DBD for Delphi 1 and DBD for Delphi 4 open it
fine, and Delphi 4 opens it fine.  The tables were created in DBD for
Delphi 1.

BTW, I am running D1 off of a removable disk (Zip disk).  Could that
be the problem?  I am working with limited storage space and use D1 so
little that I put it on the Zip for storage and use only when I need
it.

Thanks in advance.

Douglas G. Phillips, Owner
Simple Business Solutions