Board index » delphi » Installation of COMCTL32.DLL (Delphi V3 Pro - Paradox)

Installation of COMCTL32.DLL (Delphi V3 Pro - Paradox)

I install my application in a PC and when I can use a section of the
program, it ask for the COMCTL32.DLL !! Version ???.    I running under
Windows 95, I can see that this DLL exists.  Finally I discover that this
section of the program run without problems with the COMCTL32.DLL of Windows
95 version 4.00.950 B, but can do it with older versions.

When I try to delete or rename the older DLL for put the new one, I can't
because somebody was using it.  I have to run in MS-DOS mode I then replace
it.
?There is a way to replace it from my program? (without the intervention of
the finally user).

Thanks!
Sky

[==========|>
E-Mail: skyfight...@usa.net
[==========|>

 

Re:Installation of COMCTL32.DLL (Delphi V3 Pro - Paradox)


Why don't you pick up an installation program, such as WISE, or use the one
that comes with Delphi 3.0, and set it up to install the DLL (WHICH IS IN
USE).  Usually they install the DLL as you boot up the system. In other
words, after your user installs your program it will require hom/her to
reboot.

Hope this helps
Kelvin Taite
DKT Enterprises Inc.

Re:Installation of COMCTL32.DLL (Delphi V3 Pro - Paradox)


To make sure your development station has the most current version,
you can go to the following page, which is a Microsoft updater for
this DLL.  It checks the version of the workstation and updates
accordingly.

http://www.microsoft.com/msdn/downloads/files/40comupd.htm

-SynTap

Quote
>I install my application in a PC and when I can use a section of the
>program, it ask for the COMCTL32.DLL !! Version ???.    I running under
>Windows 95, I can see that this DLL exists.  Finally I discover that this
>section of the program run without problems with the COMCTL32.DLL of Windows
>95 version 4.00.950 B, but can do it with older versions.

>When I try to delete or rename the older DLL for put the new one, I can't
>because somebody was using it.  I have to run in MS-DOS mode I then replace
>it.
>?There is a way to replace it from my program? (without the intervention of
>the finally user).

Re:Installation of COMCTL32.DLL (Delphi V3 Pro - Paradox)


I had the same problem, and I did it via MS-DOS too.
I have not tested, but I'm thinking to use the Install Shield program to install
this DLL with my application.
The Install Shield is a program that generates a instalation program to your
application by asking you some questions about it, and you can specify some
additional files and it's destination directory.
It installs the BDE too.

Synapse Tapestry escreveu:

Quote
> To make sure your development station has the most current version,
> you can go to the following page, which is a Microsoft updater for
> this DLL.  It checks the version of the workstation and updates
> accordingly.

> http://www.microsoft.com/msdn/downloads/files/40comupd.htm

> -SynTap

> >I install my application in a PC and when I can use a section of the
> >program, it ask for the COMCTL32.DLL !! Version ???.    I running under
> >Windows 95, I can see that this DLL exists.  Finally I discover that this
> >section of the program run without problems with the COMCTL32.DLL of Windows
> >95 version 4.00.950 B, but can do it with older versions.

> >When I try to delete or rename the older DLL for put the new one, I can't
> >because somebody was using it.  I have to run in MS-DOS mode I then replace
> >it.
> >?There is a way to replace it from my program? (without the intervention of
> >the finally user).

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

Re:Installation of COMCTL32.DLL (Delphi V3 Pro - Paradox)


On Mon, 16 Mar 1998 09:09:53 -0300, "Luiz Guilherme M.K."

Quote
<L...@Hotmail.Com.Br> wrote:
>I have not tested, but I'm thinking to use the Install Shield program to install
>this DLL with my application.

You can do that if you have the newest version of COMCTL32.DLL on your
machine. InstallShield will install the newest copy.

Quote
>The Install Shield is a program that generates a instalation program to your
>application by asking you some questions about it, and you can specify some
>additional files and it's destination directory.

Alternatively you can launch the COMCTL install after your installation is
complete.

Happy coding

Stefan Paetow
ellipse data systems
-
= Spam-garbled address: ellipse-data.co.za@stefan - swap domain and uname
= Any opinions here are my personal opinions, not those of my company
= Home on the web: http://www.ellipse-data.com/
= Delphi User Groups in South Africa: http://www.delphi.co.za/dugg/

Other Threads