Delphi (3 standard) and mysql databases on unix

Hi,

I would like to use a delphi application with a mysql server running on a solaris (unix)
machine, has anyone got experience with this, can it be done, and if so what do i need
for it.
I am using the standard edition of delphi 3.

T.I.A.

Rob J Meijer

Re:Delphi (3 standard) and mysql databases on unix

Rob,

heard of some guys doing it successfully some months ago - you might ask
in the INPRISE forums - there are some guys there doing a lot of DB stuff
with UNIX backends.

- Allen.

In article <6pha78$p4...@xs2.xs4all.nl>, rmei...@xs4all.nl says...

> Hi,

> I would like to use a delphi application with a mysql server running on a solaris (unix)
> machine, has anyone got experience with this, can it be done, and if so what do i need
> for it.
> I am using the standard edition of delphi 3.

> T.I.A.

> Rob J Meijer

Re:Delphi (3 standard) and mysql databases on unix

Hello Rob:

I am not mistaken you will need an ODBC connection to the sql server and the
standard version does not use ODBC you will need to upgrade to Delphi Pro to do
this.

I think mysql ( at least the version that I have seen on Linux ) is ODBC
compliant so you should treat it just as any other ODBC database.

I hope this helps.

--
                             Alvaro Garriga Programmer Analyst for
                             TransCore, An SAIC Company