MS-SQL Srv 6.5 - Delphi 3 - BDE 4.51 - TEXT FIELD

I already got the damn error when trying to insert a record with memo field
"Non-blob column in table required to perform operation."

someone have fixed that ???

                Thanx
                        -=[Fabio]=-

Re:MS-SQL Srv 6.5 - Delphi 3 - BDE 4.51 - TEXT FIELD

On 19 May 1998 13:44:40 GMT, "Fabio A. Santos" <fa...@cpovo.net>
wrote:

> I already got the damn error when trying to insert a record with memo field
> "Non-blob column in table required to perform operation."

We have similar problems. I think it means that the record must
already _be_present_ in the table, before one can add memo fields.

> someone have fixed that ???

Not that I know of.

The work-around we use is to insert the record _without_ any text in
the memo fields, post it, edit, and only _then_ add the text for the
memo fields, then post again.

And then, any TDBMemo components display "(Memo too large)"...  :-(

        Christian R. Conrad
--
Proud and sole owner of all opinions (except quotes) expressed above!
     "Wave goodbye to RISC. It's the rotary engine of computing."

Other Threads