strip RTF Codes

Does anyone know of a component or routine that will strip the RTF Codes
and return the plain text without creating an RTF Control?

Thank you,
Glenn

Re:strip RTF Codes

What's wrong with an TRichEdit and setting PlainText to true?

Alfred.

<ggaraf...@pobox.com> schreef in bericht

> Does anyone know of a component or routine that will strip the RTF Codes
> and return the plain text without creating an RTF Control?

> Thank you,
> Glenn

Re:strip RTF Codes

ggaraf...@pobox.com schrieb:

> Does anyone know of a component or routine that will strip the RTF Codes
> and return the plain text without creating an RTF Control?

It should be possible. MS describes how to deal with RTF strings without
really using an RTF control here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/winui/richeditapi_9rsj.htm

But using an invisible TRichEdit is much easier.

-Michael

Re:strip RTF Codes

Alfred,
I wanted to contain the functionality in a small dll that would operate
in batch mode.  Regards,
Glenn

In article <8r39nj$ba2$1@Snowflake_Obsidian.lion-access.net>, "Alfred

ten Hoeve" <alfred.NoSpam.tenHo...@freeler.nl> wrote:
>> What's wrong with an TRichEdit and setting PlainText to true?

> Alfred.

> <ggaraf...@pobox.com> schreef in bericht
>> Does anyone know of a component or routine that will strip the RTF
>> Codes and return the plain text without creating an RTF Control?

>> Thank you,
>> Glenn

Re:strip RTF Codes

ggaraf...@pobox.com wrote:

Glenn,

>I wanted to contain the functionality in a small dll that would operate
>in batch mode.  Regards,

>>> What's wrong with an TRichEdit and setting PlainText to true?

Of course you can do that.
New a TRichEdit in runtime is a simple thing... :)

Allen

  Allen  Shau, Shang-Min  ^_^  al...@psitech.com.tw