Delay procedure

Hi ALL,
There are some discussions in several programming newsgroups
about delay-type procedures. Most of the people says that BP
internal Delay() proc works wrong with the Win95 environment and/or
doesn't get some results on 386 and P-2 processors. Now I need
good working delay procedure (in msec) that works OK on all
machines from 386 to Pentium. If you have any ideas, please post
them here. (Also, if you can, please send your messages via my
e-mail).

Thanks for any information.

WBR,
Andrew.
E-mail: b...@obninsk.ru

Re:Delay procedure

In <01bd80b0$7a63c440$LocalH...@homepc.obninsk.ru>,

Andrew <b...@obninsk.ru> wrote:
> Hi ALL,
> There are some discussions in several programming newsgroups
> about delay-type procedures. Most of the people says that BP
> internal Delay() proc works wrong with the Win95 environment and/or
> doesn't get some results on 386 and P-2 processors. Now I need
> good working delay procedure (in msec) that works OK on all
> machines from 386 to Pentium. If you have any ideas, please post
> them here. (Also, if you can, please send your messages via my
> e-mail).

Anything wrong with NewDelay (see my webpage) that's certainly been
mentioned in some of the discussions?

It works on all processors, AFAIK, and makes some attempts to get
good results and save CPU cycles in multitasking environments.
Of course, absolutely exact delays are not possible in multitasking,
non-realtime environments, but I think NewDelay comes as close to
it as possible.

(Followups restricted to c.l.p.b)

--
Frank Heckenbach, frank@[NOSPAM.REMOVE.THIS]pascal.gnu.de
Internet links:  http://fjf.gnu.de/

Re:Delay procedure

Andrew heeft geschreven in bericht
<01bd80b0$7a63c440$LocalH...@homepc.obninsk.ru>...

>Hi ALL,
>There are some discussions in several programming newsgroups
>about delay-type procedures. Most of the people says that BP
>internal Delay() proc works wrong with the Win95 environment and/or
>doesn't get some results on 386 and P-2 processors. Now I need
>good working delay procedure (in msec) that works OK on all
>machines from 386 to Pentium. If you have any ideas, please post
>them here. (Also, if you can, please send your messages via my
>e-mail).

Hi,
I've one that uses the RTC Timer. Most of it is written in TASM for
real-mode. I'll e-mail it to you.
If you would like to have a document I used for it, I can also mail it. It's
700 kb text.
>Thanks for any information.

>WBR,
>Andrew.