ABOUT ADO INSERT

When I used in my applications the "TTABLE", the fields was started in the
inserts by "DEFAULTEXPRESSION" - now i'm using "TADOTABLE" and the fields
ar'nt started on the insert. What can I do to have this problem ?

I'm using ACCESS 2000

Re:ABOUT ADO INSERT

Hi,

If I could understand, you are saying that your TTable was in self-edit
mode.
I never have seen a TTable with self-editing mode.
Could you be more explicit?

Jos Carlos.

Click here for Free Video!!
http://www.gohip.com/freevideo/

Newshop Microinformtica Ltda. <news...@uol.com.br> escreveu nas notcias de
mensagem:3958e0e8@dnews...

> When I used in my applications the "TTABLE", the fields was started in the
> inserts by "DEFAULTEXPRESSION" - now i'm using "TADOTABLE" and the fields
> ar'nt started on the insert. What can I do to have this problem ?

> I'm using ACCESS 2000

Re:ABOUT ADO INSERT

You can initialize the values of any fields you want in the OnNewRecord
event.

procedure TForm1.ADODataSetNewRecord(DataSet: TDataSet);
begin
  AnyField.Value := 'the default value' ;

HTH
--
V. Nazarov
IT Manager, Sofia Cable

"Newshop Microinformtica Ltda." <news...@uol.com.br> wrote in message

> When I used in my applications the "TTABLE", the fields was started in the
> inserts by "DEFAULTEXPRESSION" - now i'm using "TADOTABLE" and the fields
> ar'nt started on the insert. What can I do to have this problem ?

> I'm using ACCESS 2000

Re:ABOUT ADO INSERT

Obrigado, Jos Carlos

O Problema que estou tendo que os meus campos quando uso o TTable s?o
inicializados com o valor da propriedade DEFAULTEXPRESSION do TFIELD somente
na inclus?o.
Agora que eu uso o TADOTABLE isto n?o acontece.
Ser um BUG do ADO, ou eu estou errando em algum procedimento.

Obrigado.

Cludio Oliveira
Newshop Microinformtica, news...@uol.com.br

Re:ABOUT ADO INSERT

HI, Tank's Vassil

I have many fields that are objects and i can't to put they on ONNEWRECORD.
Is there a way to start they directly buffer on the procedure INITRECORD in
ADODB.PAS ?

Tank's

Cludio Oliveira
Newshop Microinformtica, news...@uol.com.br

Re:ABOUT ADO INSERT

> I have many fields that are objects and i can't to put they on ONNEWRECORD.
> Is there a way to start they directly buffer on the procedure INITRECORD in
> ADODB.PAS ?

I don't understand what you mean. If it's a TField then you CAN set
it's value in the OnNewRecord.

--
V. Nazarov
IT Manager, Sofia Cable